Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Old community made scenarios

rocketman

In short, does old community made scenarios work with the new engine? If not, can they be converted and in that case how? Saw a D-Day beach landing scenario that I am very keen on playing.

john connor

They need converting. Which scenario is it and I'll try to convert it, if Dave doesn't mind?

john connor

I think Sweeteye's Omaha scenario might be a bit old for easy conversion. I'm not sure. I will try Ubiquitous scenario first, if he doesn't mind, and if Dave thinks it's ok. I'll mail Dave and try to contact Ubiquitous, but haven't heard from him in a while, and I can't really do anything without his permisssion. So don't hold your breath....

Peter

john connor

Well, that didn't take long. I tried to convert Ubiquitous' map, first off, but couldn't get it to work. I don't know why. He used rather nice custom graphics, but the map came out a bit wrong. I'll keep messing around, but I suspect converting them may be beyond my capabilities because there are incompatibilities of some sort. I managed to convert my own Prohorovka scenarios without too many problems, so not sure what the issue is here.

Initially, Dave indicated that there would be a conversion service available to the creators of the old scenarios once CO2 was working fine (ie; he would convert them at their request), but I'm not sure he would have time for that now, as the priority now is getting mounted ops done, I think. In any case, that would require the creators (Sweeteye and Ubiquitous) to mail Dave with that request.

Sorry.

Peter

rocketman

Thanks for trying. Just so Dave know, I'm more than willing to pay for conversions, as long as the creators give it a go ahead.

john connor

Ok. I've now managed to convert Ubiquitous's D-Day scenario without any probs. It seems to run fine, though I haven't properly tested it. So I can post it if Dave doesn't mind and if I can find Ubiquitous and ask his permission.

Peter

Update: Have messaged Ubiquitous through this forum to ask permission, and have mailed Dave.

Last edited:

rocketman

Awesome, there is still hope then :)
Just curious, in general, what is the difference between the old and new engine (didn't play the old one) and what is needed for a conversion?

john connor

There are many differences between the engines. So much has been tweaked since CO1 in terms of AI performance etc. Plus, there are major graphics differences - you can have many more info windows open at once and move them about, plus there are overlays that give useful info etc. Many things. I've lost track, sorry. Maybe if Dave sees this thread he can chip in with what the major differences are.

You can only convert, it seems, if you have the developer version of the game, which I do (because I playtest for Dave), so we'll just have to wait to see if Dave is ok with me converting the scenario, and if Ubiquitous gives permission.

Peter

Last edited:

john connor

Greg is happy. So here's a link to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jswefhcfcz5xds6/D-DayCO2.zip?dl=0

The file is a 7 zip zipped folder.
1.Take the 'Bocage Country' graphics pack and put it into the 'map' sub folder within your 'graphics' folder within the main CO2 directory.
2. Take the 'cop' file 'Carentan V2' along with the carentan cache file and place both in your 'Map' directory in the main CO2 directory.
3. Place the 2 scenario cos files into a suitable sub folder (make one if you haven't got - 'my scenarios, for example)) of your scenarios folder in the main CO2 directory.

There are two versions of the scenario. Version 2 is Greg's original. The alt version is with my tweakings, which include some balancing and some randomised and deliberate changing of the unit and leader ratings to reflect the high quality, supposedly, of the airborne troops etc. Greg had left the stats generic in the original.

Peter

Let me know if it works, or of there any issues please.