Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

On your mark, get set, ...stumble.

kohlenklau

Read through the CO2 game support pages for anybody with previous installation issues. No match to my issues.
Looked through the installed download for FAQ folder or anything, looked at the pdf game manual.
no match to my issues.

So, here are my issues.

1. MFC100.DLL
Dl'd and installed the core game for CO2. Bought Commander's pack of all those modules.
Clicked on the shortcut and got an error for mfc100.dll
Well, I went and downloaded and installed that after an internet search. restarted computer.
Tried again and now it says
"The ordinal 14348 could not be located in the dynamic link library mfc100.dll"
So, my question is what do I need to do to get out of this hole and rolling with the game?

2. UPDATE CO2 SHORTCUT ICON:
Also, right off the bat a shortcut came up and said a new version of the game was available.
Now, should I stay with the version I just purchased and play the modules I just purchased or do I upgrade and then have to pay for new modules before I even got to play the old ones? Or is update like a patch and I can STILL play the modules I purchased.

3. WHAT ICONS SHOULD BE ON THE DESKTOP?
Should I end up with just one CO2 shortcut icon? Or do I get a new icon even if redundant for every module I install? Just delete the redundant ones?

Thanks for any assistance here.

Daz

Hi kohlenklau, welcome to the forum.

1. I have no idea about sorry.
I'm sure Dave will be able to help but, bear in mind its Sunday and the poor guy needs to have some time off.
Any more info you can provide about your operating system for him, I'm sure will speed up the process of finding out what your problem is.

2. There should be two icons on your desktop.
One will run the auto patcher to update you to the latest version of the game, which is currently Version 5.0.14.
You don't need to worry about patching to the latest version at all, so go ahead.
Bear in mind this is still a Beta version, although it is close to going final now, but if you come across any bugs, feedback on them is most welcome.
The other icon will launch the game with whatever patch you currently have installed.

3. You don't get an Icon on the Desktop of every module as the module scenarios will be in the menu of the scenario selection screen, after you have launched the game and chosen your resolution.

kohlenklau

Hi Daz.

For Issue 3, ok that clears that up. Definitely on issue 3. Thanks!

Since I can't open the game yet, I cannot see which version I am using.
I guess I will see this week. Issue 2 I am still a bit confused.

Maybe Issue 1 is all I have now.
I am happy to get the reply when the work week approaches.
Windows 7 Professional SP1.

ewilkie

Do a search of game support for mfc100, there was a similar post in March. If I understood correctly, placing mfc100.dll in the main CO2 directory solved the problem.

Last edited:

kohlenklau

Thanks ewilkie! I found that thread thanks to you. Downloaded the dll and placed it INTO the CO2 directory like it advised. That solved that issue.
I am now playing the game. :D

I think all my issues are now resolved. <<Lol, but not according to my ex-wife!>>

Reactions: Daz

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks ewilkie! I found that thread thanks to you. Downloaded the dll and placed it INTO the CO2 directory like it advised. That solved that issue.
I am now playing the game. :D

I think all my issues are now resolved. <<Lol, but not according to my ex-wife!>>
LOL:D Welcome. I'm glad you've got everything going. That ordinal report you get is intriguing since it seems that only a few machines get that. Most are happy with the other version of MFC100.DLL that we provide with the game. I think though in future we will just supply both of them. Anyway enjoy your gaming.