Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Only Steam ??

bigus

That's to bad.
Unfortunately this one is a no buy for me if it is on Steam only.

PJSmith

Not sure why some people are so bugged by Steam. It's a fine system for buying and managing all of your games and it's great for updates. It's fast, seamless and very reliable.

ChuckB

That's to bad.

Let us know what you issue with Steam is, I have found over the years that people often have a misconception of Steam and potential issues with it. While it's not perfect (but then, what is?) I'm using it for many years and I'm generally very happy with it

bigus

Steam is O.K and I do have a few games that I've purchased.
I just like to have my own digital copy stored on my own computer since you never know if/when Steam will go down.
It's a lot like Gamespy years ago when one day they were there and the next day they shut down.
Or to put it another way. It's like giving your neighbor a copy of your game. You never know when he will move out of town and forget to return your game to you.

I guess I'm old school in this way.

Cheers,

M L Reed

Steam is O.K and I do have a few games that I've purchased.
I just like to have my own digital copy stored on my own computer since you never know if/when Steam will go down.
It's a lot like Gamespy years ago when one day they were there and the next day they shut down.
Or to put it another way. It's like giving your neighbor a copy of your game. You never know when he will move out of town and forget to return your game to you.

I guess I'm old school in this way.

Cheers,

With Steam you download the media to your PC, so you have it as long as you keep it on a drive. Also Steam is really just a transfer site... For your scenario to happen, Steam would need to go down, no chance of that, it is a money maker and LNL would also have to go tango uniform. With Gamespy, they told folks to download the games to their hard drive well in advance... It is not being old school, just war gamer paradigm paralysis.

RedOneAlpha

I think some are not to comfortable with having to be online to play a paid for game. Which in turn has to do with the specific DRM the game applies...

Steam offline mode:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555

Personally I prefer to choose if I want to be online or not, at least have that option as in GOG. You never know when you have to be on a tight budget and need to cut out extras as in your Internet provider.

RedOneAlpha

Hi David,

I know Steam is very well exposed in the gaming scene, but GOG can do the same and you also have the option to download and use there games without there app (GOG Galaxy), actually they are working (beta) on a crossplatform app that links all your gaming accounts into one app (GOG Galaxy 2.0). Just a bit of info here, and a heads up on GOG.

Mike

Geoff Curran

That's to bad.

For some, time, when Steam was young, I felt the same but for about the last 4 years I have had a Steam account and frankly I would be reluctant to buy anything that wasn't on Steam now. When you change PC's or run more than one PC your library is always there to download. You can delete stuff from your PC and load something else and you can always go back to the previous game.
It ensures that Patches are always up to date, and there is a great community with Mods that work. Steam is to be recommended.
Think about it again.

Lobsterr

Just went to Steam to purchase this and it isn't possible. Nothing to click on to make a purchase. Would be nice to get it at the $4.99 sale price...if it were possible.

ChuckB

Just went to Steam to purchase this and it isn't possible. Nothing to click on to make a purchase. Would be nice to get it at the $4.99 sale price...if it were possible.

It has not been released in Early Access yet. My understanding is that it depends on some internal Steam process going through. I'm sure the sale price will be available for a while (likely through Early Access until full release), so you are not missing anything (well, apart from not being able to play it yet)

Let us know what you issue with Steam is, I have found over the years that people often have a misconception of Steam and potential issues with it. While it's not perfect (but then, what is?) I'm using it for many years and I'm generally very happy with it

when i play a game with steam, steam is still loaded after I exit game, though it's not obvious. then my comp seems to hang for few seconds every so often until I remember to go in and specifically exit steam, so no, I dont care for it for that reason.