Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Open beta of the new patch is available on Steam

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
The new patch is now available for public beta testing on Steam. Feel free to try it out and provide your feedback.

Dave will provide the detailed changelist in due time, but the most important things to mention are:
- major AI overhaul fixing a lot of issues like slipping attacks, HQs leading an attack etc,
- network fix;
- a number of minor things like scenario bugfixing, new Soviet splashscreen etc.

More details are available via the link

The new patch is now available for public beta testing on Steam. Feel free to try it out and provide your feedback.

Dave will provide the detailed changelist in due time, but the most important things to mention are:
- major AI overhaul fixing a lot of issues like slipping attacks, HQs leading an attack etc,
- network fix;
- a number of minor things like scenario bugfixing, new Soviet splashscreen etc.

More details are available via the link
Shouldn't this notice also go into the Steam public forum?

Steam announcement is a more visible / transparent way for this kind of notifications. Most people don't read forums, but everyone who've installed CmdOps will get that announcement in their newsfeed.
OK.

I'm the opposite, I monitor the forums and don't bother with my news feed ;-).

As long as the word gets out to the playing public, that's good.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Will the update be put up here on this site
also?
The short answer is no. I had hoped to put out an announcement this week but there are matters I need to coordinate with LNL. I have been advised that we should be able to do that next week. I'll then put out an announcement covering what's going to happen. For now, Steam is the only place where the public beta is being hosted. Please note this is a beta version not a release version.

miya

After playing a few games this morning i want to give my first feedback.
i'm sorry to say it, but I have run into some issues with the beta version. Maybe other players can confirm my observations.
First:
Setting a start-time for an artillery bombardment no longer works. Bombardment always starts 5 to 10 minutes after giving the order.
Second:
Moving with regiment or brigade sized units seems to be flawed. Very often an advanced guard is moving out and the main body stops and is not moving at all.
Third:
Attacking with regiment or brigade sized units very often returns a lack of time message. Especially when i set a FUP.
Fourth:
This one has probably nothing to do with the beta, but I would like to see it corrected annyway.
Please look at the Westwall module, the two scenarios are
Clearing the West Bank and Counterstroke in the Swamp.
Here you will find on the german side a unit called "4 Brückenpioniere". I think the scenario designer chose the wrong unit from the estab file. Currently it is an artillery unit with bridging equipment and not an engineer unit with bridging equipment.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Miya,

Thanks for the feedback. What would be good is to see some screen shots, particularly of your second point about the brigade moving. A picture's worth a thousand words in this regard. Also do you have a recording. Every time you play it will make a recording and stash it in the Recordings folder of your game directory. It will overwrite it next time you play. So if you encounter some issue, copy the recording, zip it and then upload it here. Do this before you start playing another game. Then I can check the recording out and step through the code to see what's going on.

pekische

Dave, I have better report, I play a battle on Bn level and my first impression is very good.... AI is really better working, units manage to replan much better, AI manage to use art support during attack, units seem to be more independent.... There is a little bit more information in "log" folder (but I can imaginu much more info in the future...my big wish).... what I am still missing is one more +zoom step...

I have noticed only one situation od Hq BN leading a movement order....
however, it was through friendly territory

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
First:
Setting a start-time for an artillery bombardment no longer works. Bombardment always starts 5 to 10 minutes after giving the order.
Could you please doublecheck if the issue is still reproducible with the latest build available on "beta" branch?
Please make sure you have the build ID greater or equal to 5798944
upload_2020-11-7_22-5-26.png

Last edited:

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Fourth:
This one has probably nothing to do with the beta, but I would like to see it corrected annyway.
Please look at the Westwall module, the two scenarios are
Clearing the West Bank and Counterstroke in the Swamp.
Here you will find on the german side a unit called "4 Brückenpioniere". I think the scenario designer chose the wrong unit from the estab file. Currently it is an artillery unit with bridging equipment and not an engineer unit with bridging equipment.
This shall be fixed as of build ID greater or equal to 5799065
Dave is your contact person for issues #2 and #3.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Dave, I have better report, I play a battle on Bn level and my first impression is very good.... AI is really better working, units manage to replan much better, AI manage to use art support during attack, units seem to be more independent.... There is a little bit more information in "log" folder (but I can imaginu much more info in the future...my big wish).... what I am still missing is one more +zoom step...

I have noticed only one situation od Hq BN leading a movement order....
however, it was through friendly territory
Thanks for the feedback.

Re Log Folder. Do you mean the log screen on the force data view in the game or do you mean the Log folder in your game directory? Either way, what more info do you want to see?

Re HQ leading. The new code addresses senior HQs - ie Brigade/Regt and above. The code for Bn HQs remains as it was. Note that BN HQs no longer participate in the assault, but they do move to the reserve location during an attack and in doing so can be on their own or with the Bn mortars.The reserve loc is often behind the FUP.

Fox

I've had an issue playing the latest beta with a Regimental HQ abandoning an attack, despite plenty of time, rested units, zero rest allowed, having an adequate form up area out of enemy fire etc.

This occurred at the start of the We Fight Here We Die here scenario. I order the entirety of KG Kuhlman to attack towards Butgenbach as per screenshot 1, with a H-hour of 2100h (3 hours after giving the order, with zero orders delay as it was given at the start of the round). 4 minutes before H-hour the attack was "abandoned due to lack of time" despite the attack end time being 12 hours in the future (screenshot 2).

upload_2020-11-8_13-28-12.png

upload_2020-11-8_13-27-19.png

Fox

I've had an issue playing the latest beta with a Regimental HQ abandoning an attack, despite plenty of time, rested units, zero rest allowed, having an adequate form up area out of enemy fire etc.

This occurred at the start of the We Fight Here We Die here scenario. I order the entirety of KG Kuhlman to attack towards Butgenbach as per screenshot 1, with a H-hour of 2100h (3 hours after giving the order, with zero orders delay as it was given at the start of the round). 4 minutes before H-hour the attack was "abandoned due to lack of time" despite the attack end time being 12 hours in the future (screenshot 2).

View attachment 8796

View attachment 8795
See attached saves from when orders were given & when attack was abandoned.

Attachments

• Attack abandoned start & finish saves.zip
    247.6 KB · Views: 2

miya

This shall be fixed as of build ID greater or equal to 5799065
Dave is your contact person for issues #2 and #3.

Setting the artillery time now works and the engineers in the two Westwall scenarios are now correct as well.

Miya,

Thanks for the feedback. What would be good is to see some screen shots, particularly of your second point about the brigade moving. A picture's worth a thousand words in this regard. Also do you have a recording. Every time you play it will make a recording and stash it in the Recordings folder of your game directory. It will overwrite it next time you play. So if you encounter some issue, copy the recording, zip it and then upload it here. Do this before you start playing another game. Then I can check the recording out and step through the code to see what's going on.

I'm afraid recordings are disabled on Steam. The recordings folder is empty. But i can post some saved games.
I played the Tutorial and saved it on several occasions. On day on 35 Tank battalion will abandon its attack mission (see save #2). On day two I order CCB to attack St.Vith, the brigade does not even cross the first bridge (see save #3 and #4).

Second, I have a ctd to report. It is the Overloon file. Just load it, start the game speed and after a few seconds the game crashes.

Attachments

• Saved Games.zip
    524.6 KB · Views: 0

john connor

Which Overloon scenario do you mean, Miya? I just loaded both Overloons and tried starting it as Axis, then Allies and doing as you said, and got no crash. Can you reproduce it yourself on the latest steam build, and if so under what exact circumstances?

It's true that there's no recordings folder in the Steam build. That is, there isn't even a recordings folder in my install on steam. You have a folder but it's empty?