Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Open beta of the new patch is available on Steam

john connor

I think would be a good idea @john connor. I had the same confusion when my HQ stayed behind and I thought I hadn't issued the move order, but clearly I had.
The way I read it is, if you want the HQ to move, untick Basing. Is that the gist of it?

Yes. The HQ, the base, sometimes some odd HQ-attached support (AAA guns or whatever). It may be - for me, anyway - that I would often want the HQ to move with the column, but the actual supply base, for example, to remain static where it is, out of harm's way. To achieve this now you will have to untick basing AND give a separate order to the base itself placing it to Defend wherever you want it to be. Once final positions are reached (if you need to reduce command load) you could then re-attach it to a Defend in situ order given to the main HQ, again, with basing unticked.

Basically, whatever the order, ticking 'basing' will invite the AI staff officers to find a suitable out-of-harm's-way location for HQ and base units and move them there (even if you used an in situ modifier).

Grognerd

Well it appears that the III Motorized SS Bn HQ is stuck on it's second assault. Another Bn attacked OK. Attached is the recording zip.

Attachments

• veve2.zip
    742.5 KB · Views: 1

john connor

Mmm. Watched the replay for a day or so, then got a CTD. Didn't get as far as any attacks.

Be really helpful, Grognerd, if at all possible, if you could take a picture of the behaviour you are concerned about (showing the game time in the image) and post it along with the recording, and/or a note of the time the behaviour occurs. Then Dave, or anyone else trying to help, can safely run the recording until then without having to watch all the irrelevant hours. Thanks.

Note to Dave: I've sent you this recording that Grognerd posted above. When I ran it in debug I got the assert below after watching for around a day (the exact time is in the image) - a CTD followed when I tried to ignore it. I couldn't get as far as finding the behaviour he queried:

1.png

Last edited:

Grognerd

The relevant stuck unit is the SS Bn HQ. IT happens right away as the orders have all ready been given two battalions one which does not move.

Attachments

• veve2.jpg
    veve2.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 3

john connor

Thanks Grognerd. All that happens 'right away' in the recording you posted is that all Axis units settle down for the night.... Perhaps that's the wrong recording? It starts at Day 2 around 10pm. In your picture the time is day 3 around 5pm.

Grognerd

I will empty the recording folder and reattach. Maybe it did not purge the last file from the last play session (IDK)

Grognerd

I deleted the existing recording and this replaced it. Certainly should show the correct moment now.

Attachments

• veve3.zip
    292.7 KB · Views: 1

john connor

Yep. Thanks. I see that now. This was played on the steam version, latest beta? Which is build 5807442, according to the info at the bottom of the 'local files' screen in steam?

miya

I have another example of a stuck unit. Here TF Chappuis stopped during its move to the FUP. A recording is attached to this message.
Also I noticed a minor error in the Overloon 1 scenario of the Westwall module.
Please look for the 440 Arm FA Bn. The unit symbol is numbered 434 but must be 440.

Attachments

• game-recording.zip
    251.2 KB · Views: 0

nicobdx04

Hi guys,

Playing with the latest build on steam 5807442, i have an issue with a PzGren Regiment not executing a move order.

Here are some screens to see the situation with this 11 PzGren Rgt

And the zip version of the file here ( D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2\Recordings )

I am not sure but i think i have other armored Bn north of the map with move order not beiing executed

I hope it can help

Attachments

• 11pzGren.png
    11pzGren.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 11pzGren2.png
    11pzGren2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 11pzGren3.png
    11pzGren3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • game-recording.zip
    687.1 KB · Views: 2

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback and recordings on formation lockups. I have found and fixed two matters in the code that were either failing to add the unit behind or unit ahead in the order of march for certain forces or were not cycling up the formation chain in some circumstances. We will be releasing a new beta in due course, but I have to fix another issue before that. In the meantime please don't bother sending me any more recordings of formation lockups. I have enough for now. Please send in your recordings for other issues. Thanks again for your tremendous support.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Command Ops 2 Public Beta Build.

Lock ‘n’ Load Publishing and Panther Games are pleased to announce that the much anticipated Command Ops 2 update is now available as a public beta build on Steam.

Here is a direct link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/521800/allnews/

The new Bradley at Bay module is under final testing and we plan to release this very soon. It comprises nine scenarios covering operations in the Lorraine and Huertgen regions on the Western Front in 1944/45. It will retail for US$29.99.

Please note that all future sales of Command Ops modules will be delivered via Steam. Steam keys for your existing modules purchased through LnLP can be obtained from the LnLP shop free of charge. (Insert link or specific instructions). You will still be able to purchase Command Ops from the LNL store. But the product will be automatically delivered from the Steam store and you will need Steam to run them. The Command Ops forum on LnLP will continue to be the premier forum for discussing Command Ops. We have taken this step to streamline the delivery of the product and to facilitate prime focus on product development.

JArraya

Is anyone else getting massive lag spikes when playing (see video)? I get pauses of anywhere between 8 and 12 seconds every few game minutes when playing. This is new, it didn't happen in the pre-update version.

Attachments

• Video.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JArraya

Is anyone else getting massive lag spikes when playing (see video)? I get pauses of anywhere between 8 and 12 seconds every few game minutes when playing. This is new, it didn't happen in the pre-update version.
Is anyone else getting these pauses?

Grognerd

When I had Steam on C drive (a SSD) and the Command Ops was installed on D drive (a mechanical HD) I got lag spikes on the .46 beta (never before this as I recall). Reinstalled Command Ops on C drive and so far I have not noticed anything (with albeit limited play time)