Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opening multiple Force Data screens?

Greg

Perhaps I dont understand. When I have a Force data screen open for a unit can i then open a force data screen for an additional unit, or does it just open an addition screen for the same unit?

Tinjaw

From the manual:

To open an additional force data dialog from the Battlemap:
 If not already selected, select a unit on the map (ie click it)
 Right click on a selected unit
 Hold the Shift key down and select Force Info from the menu

76mm

Sure that is what the manual says, but it doesn't work for me, it just opens a second window for the first unit.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
76mm,

That is correct but if you then select another unit the First Force Data dialog will update with the new unit's details while the additional window you opened maintains the data on the original selection. Additional dialogs don't refresh when other units are selected but the first dialog does.

76mm

I see, although I don't think that is particularly clear in the manual, you might consider revising it.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Good point. I have just added this to page 27 of the manual:
Note this will in effect create a duplicate of the first force data dialog. Select another unit and the first dialog will update with the details for the newly selected unit while the additional dialog will retain the data for the originally selected unit. Additional dialogs always relate to the unit that was selected when they were created. The first dialog, however, shows the data for the current selection.