Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opp. Fire - Spend 2 Fate to Allow CC Unit to Fire

TA2512

I've not been able to spend the 2 Fate points to allow an ops complete unit to opportunity fire.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

Daniel Karsai

Hey, if you could grab a screenshot of this issue, I could look into it.
It's supposed to offer the ops complete units to do op fire, and a fate marker would appear on the hex they shoot at. The ops complete status is only removed (and the points only get spent) when the op fire actually happens, so it has to be confirmed AND the operation of the enemy unit must get to a point where the op fire can happen (if they get disrupted at a previous step, the op fire is skipped)

TA2512

Apologies.....my mistake. It works fine! (Probably trying it with no fate to spend).

Thanks

Marechal

I have had this problem, but only in Frozen and Tired as the Americans. I have not played this scenario as the Germans, so I don't know if it is one sided (although they don't get enough Fate Points for this option anyway - so never mind that idea). I have not had this problem in other scenarios, but it has happened every time in Frozen and Tired, including quick games just to test this. In the screenshots, I am trying it with the M18. I select to use the points, the ops complete marker is removed, and then I get the red text in the box and cannot fire. I click again on the M18, again say yes to using the points, and the ops complete marker is returned. Rinse, repeat. The (non-ops complete) Easy-8 can op fire as normal.

20200803210546_1.jpg 20200803210548_1.jpg 20200803210553_1.jpg 20200803210558_1.jpg 20200803210601_1.jpg 20200803210619_1.jpg

Daniel Karsai

Thanks for the detailed report!
I'll look into this issue. Also, the fact that the ops complete marker returns is actually by design: The marker is only really removed when the action is confirmed and the fate points are deducted for real. There is probably some unknown reason the game thinks it's an illegitimate action and it's giving the wrong feedback in the tooltip.

Marechal

Had the same issue as Americans in Objective Vierville, except the tooltip had only one line of the red text. Otherwise same as my above report. Maybe that will help identify the culprit. :)