Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opportunity fire on transports in an assault

Zac

Website
zacgaming.wordpress.com
If I have a transport and an infantry unit moving adjacent to an enemy unit and then unloading to assault into the hex do I only get one opportunity to Opportunity fire or can I shoot when they move into the hex and then again when they unload? 9.8.4 mentions that the unloading triggers an Opportunity Fire option but doesn't specifically say that this is an exception to or limited by 10.11

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Moving into the hex adjacent to the target of the Assault triggers OpFire on the Transport, and the act of unloading into the Assault itself triggers OpFire on the Passenger. That's where paragraph 2 of 9.8.3 comes in, as to how to indicate that:

The Passenger’s act of unloading into an adjacent hex will trigger Opportunity Fire; it should be placed there now. However, in this specific case, it is considered to be in its Transport unit’s hex for purposes of resolving that Opportunity Fire. If the unit is not Disrupted or eliminated by any Opportunity Fire, it immediately executes its Assault attack.

Hope this helps! Thanks for playing!!