Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Optional Rules they should be: Acquisition & Overwatch

Jay Townsend

Optional Rules:

Acquisition

Overwatch

I feel both of these rules should be optional, as there is already enough to keep track of. Sure the Acquisition rule might help you with difficult defensive positions in a few cases.

I feel the Overwatch rule in pretty much already handled with Opportunity Fire and also the Move/Fire & Fire/Move rules.

Both rules in larger scenarios especially, kind of strain the brain as one gamer told me and just add more to keep track of. But to each there own and maybe this is just my own opinion.

Geoff Curran

Sorry. I don't agree. (Answered in another thread). Overwatch allows a partial move and still some response to an opponent's move or attack. Acquisition is about upping the hit chance with repeat fire. The mechanisms are not really complex.

Jay Townsend

No problem everyone doesn't have to agree. I guess I just play too many different systems at this scale: Nations at War, World at War, Panzer Grenadier, Tank Leader, Conflict of Heroes and Panzer Blitz, so it harder for me to keep them all straight and sometimes I find less chrome is better. I also play a ton of other type of games but I found just about everyone has a different opinion on every game or game series. Not a not deal for me either way on this subject.