Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Order of Battle tree

Rheim Bren

When, I believe, the Organic mode (3 non-overlapping rectangles symbol) is selected I can click on the "-" sign preceding the HQ name and the structure of that HQ will collapse OK. Then, if I click to collapse the structure of another HQ (battalion, regiment, etc), that HQ's structure collapses OK. However, the unit I collapsed before expands immediately. So, only one unit in the order of battle dialog can be collapsed at one time when in Organic mode.

Player structure mode seems to work correctly collapsing and expanding HQ structures.

I'm not sure if the Current Op Plan structure is working right or not. If I select a regiment HQ with 2 battalions under it, I will collapse one of the battalions and this will result in only that battalion being displayed in the OOB dialog box. The other battalion and regiment structures disappear. I think it has to work that way in this mode. It just looks weird

This all sounds confusing, but I think if anyone plays with collapsing/expanding HQ structures in the OOB dialog box it will quickly become apparent what it's doing. Mainly in Organic mode.

I like to collapse multiple HQs in Organic mode to get an idea of the command structure of the higher echelon HQs.

Rheim Bren

Organic mode: I click on the "-" box preceding II Bn 16 Pz Regt. The structure collapses as it's supposed to. (left)

When I double-click on the "-" box preceding 1 Bn HQ 16 Pz Regt, the 1 Bn collapses, but the II Bn 16 Pz Regt expands. I want them both
collapsed. (right).

Organic structure 1.jpg Organic structure 2.jpg

Current Op Plan structure mode: I select 1128 Grenadier Regt HQ on the map. (left) I double-click the "-" box on the preceding 1 Bn HQ. The I Bn HQ collapses but the regiment and II Bn HQ disappears. (right) This may be WAD and isn't as big a deal to me as the Organic mode problem. It just looks weird.

current op plan 1.jpg current op plan 2.jpg

I hope this shows what I'm trying to say.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I think this is occurring because of the selection code. What is supposed to be happening I that when you select one of the units in the list it should select the unit on the map and retain the list as is. But I suspect that in selecting the unit on the map it is invoking code that updates the list. I'll endeavour to look into this tomorrow.