Ordinance To Hit Question

Discussion in 'Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital' started by Jack Ruetty, May 21, 2020.

1. Jack Ruetty

Jack Ruetty Member

Bridgehead at Cauquigny.png Lots of Modifiers!! My question: should the buttoned German tank firing on the LC building have +1 Turret Rotated, +2 Vehicle Rotated and +2 Assault Moved penalties. This seems excessive to me. I felt like I remember having (or reading) a conversation in an earlier thread where the idea of turning the hull was accounted for with the Assault Move penalty. The +1 for rotating the turret makes sense coupled with the +2 for the Assault Move. The TM and degrading hex penalties are also fine.

I have seen this situation numerous times.

Thanks for any comments.
    Jack

Edit: When the German tank's MG fired on the same hex in the same impulse it too received the -2 Assault Fire penalty and a -2 Vehicle Rotated Penalty. I cannot find any mention of a -2 Vehicle Rotated Penalty in the DFT.

#1 Jack Ruetty, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Stéphane Tanguay

Stéphane Tanguay Moderator
    Staff Member

Assault moving should encompass any hull/turret pivoting in the +2 modifier. And the best reason I can give is that Assault fire is handled as the reverse of Assault movement. Now, in Assault fire, you fire then move (and eventually pivot hull/turret). How could you incorporate those "pivoting' modifiers at the moment you fire, not knowing what your movement part will include in terms of pivoting?

#2 Stéphane Tanguay, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. Jack Ruetty

Jack Ruetty Member

Thanks. I will f3 this hex time it comes up.