Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Ordinance To Hit Question

Jack Ruetty

Bridgehead at Cauquigny.pngLots of Modifiers!! My question: should the buttoned German tank firing on the LC building have +1 Turret Rotated, +2 Vehicle Rotated and +2 Assault Moved penalties. This seems excessive to me. I felt like I remember having (or reading) a conversation in an earlier thread where the idea of turning the hull was accounted for with the Assault Move penalty. The +1 for rotating the turret makes sense coupled with the +2 for the Assault Move. The TM and degrading hex penalties are also fine.

I have seen this situation numerous times.

Thanks for any comments.
Jack

Edit: When the German tank's MG fired on the same hex in the same impulse it too received the -2 Assault Fire penalty and a -2 Vehicle Rotated Penalty. I cannot find any mention of a -2 Vehicle Rotated Penalty in the DFT.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Assault moving should encompass any hull/turret pivoting in the +2 modifier. And the best reason I can give is that Assault fire is handled as the reverse of Assault movement. Now, in Assault fire, you fire then move (and eventually pivot hull/turret). How could you incorporate those "pivoting' modifiers at the moment you fire, not knowing what your movement part will include in terms of pivoting?

Last edited: