Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Out of command & counterattack?

BravoCo

Can an out of command unit counterattack when assaulted? I could not find anything in the rules that said it can do so.

PJSmith

I would think that a unit being assaulted could counterattack. Just because you can't raise the Major doesn't mean you can't fight back when the enemy is right in front of you.:)

BravoCo

7.2.3 says out of command unit can't do any action during its formation impulse. It also says an out of command unit can execute Opportunity Fire during enemy impulse. 7.2.3 does not say the out of command unit can do anything else. It's basically silent as to any other action.

13.0 specifically clarifies that defending units marked ops complete may counterattack. I say clarify (or exception) as normally ops complete units can't do anything further when so marked. It also specifically clarifies that disrupted units may counterattack as well, but with a To-Hit number of 6. This is again, a clarification (or exception) because disrupted units can pretty much only move, with restrictions, during their impulse.

13.2 says the defender, if eligible, may counterattack, but it doesn't really define eligible. 13.0 seems to suggest though that eligible means a defender who has an appropriate FP that can affect the attacker. Out of command units could fit the bill, but so could ops complete or disrupted units, yet a clarification was made for ops complete and disrupted units, but none for out of command, and we still have 7.2.3.

1.5 says if the rules do not state that your units CAN do something, they may NOT do it.

BravoCo

Thank you again sir. I have completed 4 live games in September so far, and I am looking forward to having fun playing many more.