Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Pacific Melee Banzai Question

Jack Ruetty

Digital Game. Just took a Banzai Melee from the AI. Half squad with a MG with FP of 1 that came of as a 2-1 attack. I am assuming this means the half squad had a FP of 1 and than received the additional point to its IFP because of the Banzai. Module rules state "In Melee, each unit under a Banzai marker adds ONE (1) to its IFP
when ATTACKING only (which I think happened), and can use any eligible SWs without penalty."

My question: what does the phrase "use any eligible SWs without penalty" mean? Should the IFP of the squad been 2 (no penalty for being a half squad) instead of 1 based on this statement in which the attack would have been at 3-1?

Thanks
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Ah Banzaï...

The fact that half-squad can't use both their IFP AND the FP of any SW they carry is not a penalty per see, but a limitation. It is something they can't do, not something they can do but with a penalty that would be lifted in a Banzaï

An example of penalties would be the ones that affect single SMC using SW.

Jack Ruetty

I get it. So a SMC could fire a weapon at full strength instead of half.

Thanks
Jack