Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Pacific Theater -- Saipan

Invasion of Saipan, Update 2

Updates include a change to intel to make it more apparent to the Japanese player that there are ships on the fire support island and some updates to the ammo capabilities for the naval support guns.

Attachments

• CO 2 Invasion of Saipan Beta Test Release -- Update 2.zip
    10 MB · Views: 24
Invasion of Saipan Beta Update 3

This includes:

-- Modification of naval gunfire calibres in the Estabs
-- Expanded objectives and victory conditions
-- Favor Axis variant to the invasion force
-- Fixes to the map graphics

Extract contents of the attached zip folder into the core directory for your Command Ops 2 game.

Attachments

• CO 2 Invasion of Saipan Beta Test Release -- Update 3.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 75

rocketman

Any feedback is welcomed.

Two things.

I'd be particularly interested in your feedback, since you expressed an interested in developing a Guadalcanal scenario. Any insight you can share regarding perceptions of Japanese forces combat would be helpful. I'm still working on the comparative settings for Japanese vs Marine / Allied force health measures as a means to balance the scenario. While the invading forces in 1944 had a materiel advantage over the defenders, the defenders tended to be more aggressive toward defending their goals as in "fight to the last man" orders.

Reflecting that in the unit health settings is a challenge to keep the game even for at least the start.

The other is the Estabs for this effort will support your Guadalcanal efforts in terms of the Japanese and Marine force structure.

There could be some equipment differences between 1942 and 1944 (the Marines didn't have LCVs in 1942 for example), but in general the land forces and equipment should support the Guadalcanal scenario.
John Toland's Rising Sun has a very good and in-depth description of the Guadalcanal campaign from both sides, but more so from the Japanese side. Well worth a read for the entire Pacific Campaign as well.

John Toland's Rising Sun has a very good and in-depth description of the Guadalcanal campaign from both sides, but more so from the Japanese side. Well worth a read for the entire Pacific Campaign as well.
Thanks.

I own a couple of books on the battle, Guadalcanal: The Definitive Account of the Landmark Battle by Richard B. Frank, and Guadalcanal by Edwin P. Hoyt, but I last read them in full more than 15 years ago. I also have the Osprey Command Series Guadalcanal 1942.

Your suggestion will add more information.