Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Panther Games Home - The Construction Zone

Templer

Website
redzoneaction.org
On the really attractive Panther Games homepage you’ll find many inactive links.

I almost omitted a purchase because my first thought was, the product is no longer offered.

Furthermore, the screenshots, features, awards and accolades and reviews sections are empty.

That all is not really professionell - or?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Templer thanks for drawing this to my attention. LNL had changed their site earlier this week and I had modified the link for the "Games" menu the other day, but I did forget the "Buy Now" item. That's fixed.

The screenshots and features links certainly work for me. The Awards and Accolades item and the Reviews item are both empty because I have just not had the time to do these. My users seem to think I should give priority to fixing bugs, writing manuals, developing new features and data content. So if being spread so thin that I've become transparent is unprofessional then so be it. On the other hand if you are looking to volunteer to assist in the maintenance of the website you're hired.:)

Templer

Website
redzoneaction.org
There are still dead links.

The website is the business card of your company, your game.

Or else:
You fall in love in a rather well-groomed woman with beautiful clothes. ;)

john connor

I think I know what you mean, Templer.....by that sexist remark, I mean :banhappy: Joking. But love has nothing to do with clothes or grooming. Maybe you meant something else......

But, personally, I think Dave has the priorities right! Plus, I think the thing that would most help the game sell is.....PBEM. And I think - for money's sake - he should really prioritise that! (answers on a postcard please...)

Look at the success of the JT games. They are nothing compared to this, but you can play them really easily against a human. Playing Command Ops against a human takes too much allocation of synchronised time for people who, mostly, work and have families. I know, I've run against the time issue every time I try. I was going to start testing the latest build this week with a human opponent, but we go off for the summer holiday soon and I know I won't have any time to put aside for the next six weeks to play real time on line. So I can't do it. Could have easily started a PBEM game though. PBEM would solve the relative lack of H2H uptake. I find it very frustrating that JT games (for example) can be so 'thriving' and have so many followers (at least, that's how it seems) and be so simple, nothing like the complexity and realism of Command ops. A PBEM option, Dave, knock that up whilst you're on, would you?

Peter