Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

plan box idea

*budd*

How about right clicking one of your plans in the plan box and having an option to view task or edit task in a right click context menu. I am having trouble pulling up the view task box when clicking on the task icon, no problem getting the edit task to show on the menu but not so much with the view task.

*budd*

another idea involving the plan dialog box. How about an expandable force list under each order showing forces involved and their current status and double clicking on the unit takes you to the unit on the map. I have no idea the overhead of this suggestion so it may be a bad idea.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It's a great idea budd though I wouldn't do it exactly that way. What I would like to see is a tab on the Edit Task dialog which displays the force group assigned to the order. I would then like the ability to be able to drag units into it - in addition to the current method of selecting the group prior to issuing the order. I would also like an additional force group for units in support but not under direct command. So you could drag your arty battalion into this tab and it would stay put at its current loc but respond to calls for fore missions from the order boss.

In this way you could still use your Plan dialog to navigate your orders and then assign forces as you see fit after having created them. All of this would require a fair bit of work. The force group tabs would comprise a force tree like the OB display. So we could leverage a lot of the interface code already. I doubt if there would be any increase in performance overhead. The real work is in the AI code to adjust plans with the changing of the order forceGroup (addition and subtraction). Also the concept of being InSupport and Under Command for Movement and Replenishment rather than just Under Command would be a big job too. But it's needed IMO to better model how arty works.

See there's never an end to what can be improved.:)