Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Please remove the "timer" for Skill use (Lucky Men)

Wiggum

Hi !

Currently some skills (at least the "Lucky Men skill" uses a timer and i dont think this is a good idea and it is also against the rules since no time pressure is mentioned there.
Currently you only have a few seconds to decide if you want to alter your roll or not with this skill and such unnecessary pressure can lead to mistakes.

Why not just remove the timer and wait till the player clicks yes or no?
This way the player has time to think about the situation just like in the boardgame. I would generally be against the use of such time pressure for skill use.
LnL Tactical is a a thinking man's game, not a game about fast reaction.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
There is an option to increase that timer on the Options screen, near the bottom (Popup Interrupt Delay). I can bump up the max if that's not enough, though I'll have to figure out if multiplayer games use the longer or shorter of the two players'.

Wiggum

There is an option to increase that timer on the Options screen, near the bottom (Popup Interrupt Delay). I can bump up the max if that's not enough, though I'll have to figure out if multiplayer games use the longer or shorter of the two players'.

I think just like the results window there should also be the "forever until" option so no time pressure is applied on the player and in MP always the longer setting should apply. This could otherwise be really problematic in MP and i dont understand why we get all time in the world to decide on OpFire (which is good and the way to do it) but have only 6 seconds to decide if we want to use a Skill.

ph349397

One thing I frequently do is: I have a hex with a medic counter and an a squad counter, the enemy moves into my LOS and I'm prompted for opportunity fire, I accept and fire at the enemy, then it's the enemy's turn and the enemy takes a shot at my hex and now the squad counter on that hex is shaken and so I need to be able to rally him next turn, but now I have another impulse that I can take so I decide to activate the units on a completely different hex of mine and do whatever (move, fire, whatever), then on my next impulse the hex w/my medic and shaken squad counter is highlighted yellow and so I chose it and try to move those units, but as mentioned earlier I had taken that opportunity fire option earlier so my squad counter isn't actually available to move and by default only the medic has been activated, therefore when I chose the hex to move to only my medic moves, effectively abandoning that shaken combat unit. So when the next turn comes, by shaken combat unit is alone and can't be rallied.

I realize this can be overcome by paying closer attention to the window at bottom center, which would tell me that only my medic was activated prior to me choosing to move, but it's very easy to overlook that. If there was a prompt to remind the user, that might be beneficial (or might be too annoying/fiddly, not sure).