Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Problem with No Honor in Surrender components

pmt

I have No Honor in Surrender boxed die cut edition.

Today I started reading rules and scenarios, and immediately I have found problems with components:

Scenario 2: Bloody Ridge. I need 20 Japanese squads but in counter mix there are just 18.
Scenario 3: Forerunner. I need map A and map B but they are back printed
Scenario 6: Nishi. I need map A and map B but they are back printed
Scenario 8: Lone tree hill. I need map B, C and D, but C and D are back printed
Scenario 9: It takes a village. I need map A, B and C, but A and B are back printed

I have not verified situation with support weapons and tanks. I hope countermix is enough.

John Vinal

I just got the boxed version and I have the same problems. Also, Scenario 10, the set-up is all wonky:

First in bold letters:
(Japanese) Set up first on Map E

Then we have one group setting up on Map B and another on Map A, and Map C is also mentioned

But then we have
(USMC) Enter turn one on Map E

The following page mentions how to set up Maps A, B, and C, no mention of E, but only Map E is shown in the illustration.

The scenario says it comes from Line of Fire #8. I'll try to dig that out and see what it says.

John Vinal

Okay, I compared Scenario 10 "Beating Engagement" in NHiS with the same scenario in Line of Fire 8, and this is my impression. The LoF scenario uses only Board 28 (included with the magazine), which corresponds with Board E in NHiS. The Japanese set-up in Bold, "Set up first on Map E on or north of hex row C" matches what's in the LoF scenario, except Board E has no row C. Looks like it should be row 15xx (I'm assuming row 17xx is the northern edge; North is not defined in either LoF or NHiS). Ignore the part about Hex 308 of map B; that's a carry-over from Scenario 9, although the units listed in this group match what's in LoF. Also ignore the part of the second group on hex 407 of Map A; that's also a carry-over; there is no second group.

The part about the marines entering the south edge of Map E (row 1xx?) is correct.

Ignore all that "Play Area" stuff on the following page; that's a carry-over from Scenario 9 as well.

Curt

I just received my copy today and have the same problem with scenario 02 - need 20 squads and only given 18. My counter sheet notes 2019 and Rev 2. A misprint or were we shorted due to counter space? Has there been any updates on this yet?

In regards to the set up for scenario 10, my rules (v3.0) has this on top of page 41 under Order of Battle/Play Area:

Use Maps A, B and C. Hex row XX00 on Map C is north, Map B is below Map C. Map A is to the left of Map B. Hex row XX10 matches Hex row XX10 of Map C. Hex row 17xx of Map B matches hex row 1xx of Map A.

There’s no mention of Map E although it is shown on pg 41.

Curt

Last edited:

Curt

After rereading all of this, John has it right. Stupid me lol