Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question about CommOps2 and the store

Doolan

Hey there!

Before anything else, let me apologise if this has been answered before, or I am in the wrong forum section — it is my first post here, and I have tried Command Ops 2 core for the first time just today, so it is more than likely that I am being an annoying rookie posting this.

So, after giving the tutorial scenario (St Vith) a go, I have to say I am in love with the damn thing, and I am seriously considering getting the commander pack while it is hot (the $50 deal is pretty amazing). However, there are some things about the store I would like to clarify first.

1.- Download limit: I saw when I downloaded the core that I am limited to 20 downloads. That is perfectly fine by me, as I doubt I would be downloading the thing more than that, but I must ask... If I keep my installer backed up in my external drive, I assume I can just run it from there to install it again after a system update or HD wipe without downloading it again?

2.- Activations: do I have a limited number of activations with the serial given? I would be cool with this as well, but I would like to know roughly how it works. Combat Mission, for example, requires you to "deactivate" a copy in one computer to get it back for another computer, which is ok, but not exactly intuitive, and it can lead to you exhausting your activations as you fool around (I am on a Mac, and I installed Command Ops 2 on a virtual machine which gets wiped now and then).

3.- Scenario packs download limit: I read that scenario packs will be regularly upgraded as the core engine is upgraded, which is really sweet. I also understand that one would have to pay for said upgrades, as there has obviously been a lot of work and love involved in making the things. Still, I feel I must ask: if a given pack gets upgraded five times, and I download all upgrades as they are released, am I down to 15 downloads from the original 20, or does each upgrade "reset the counter" so to say?

Again, sorry if this has all been answered: most of the wargames I play nowadays are on Steam, which, with all its flaws, has a really intuitive payment and download system, whereas Combat Mission for example requires a separate manual just to understand what to buy.

Thank you for making this fantastic game!

*budd*

1. they will just reset the download limit, if you ever need more than the limit.
2. no activations, period. download, install, put in serial code.
3. see #1

This is my understanding of the process, if there's an error someone will be along to correct me.
Great series, welcome aboard. The commander pack is a steal at the current price. Be aware it is labeled a beta currently, so there may be some niggles but panther excels in customer support.

*budd*

another thing, you can just save the install file somewhere i.e. memory stick, another hardrive, ect. So you can have the download available to install whenever.

Doolan

Thanks, mate! That about answers everything.

If it is so, I really like how LnL found a way to balance out the protection of its product and the convenience of their customers — the system looks pretty straightforward and more than fair. I am pretty much sold on the commander pack now, so I will most likely purchase it tomorrow after work.

As for it being beta, I have seen enough in these forums to confirm that what you say about their support is true.

Again, thanks bunches for your answer! Real nice of you. Now off to continue learning this thing...