Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question on projects

SG1

Dear all,
Having followed over the years various forums on which your products and projects were commented (CotA, Command Ops 1, Command Ops 2), I am enquiring the whereabouts of two projects:

- Command Ops on the Eastern Front; I am pretty sure having read on this on many occasions, on different forums or websites. I suppose this is indeed planned, with work in progress. Is this the case? And, talking about other fronts, is Far-East / Pacific being considered as well?

- A Command Ops-like at a lower scale (i.e. platoon instead of company); on this one my memory is way vaguer but I would swear having read, sometime on some forum, messages on a game by your team, at platoon-level, with the set-up being in the 1940 campaign in France. Is this my imagination? Is this true indeed but has been dropped for some reason (lack of financial means, focus on Command Ops 2 development)? Or is the idea still valid, though with low priority and a very undetermined deadline?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

And thanks for the quality entertainment provided.
Kind regards,
SG

papymaj5

Hi SG,

I believe Eastern Front is one of the next things to be worked on after Steam settles down. I think it is number 3 after sequential tasking and mounted/dismounted operations.

I know there was a community made platoon level mod for CO1 but I have not seen that worked on in CO2. As for Dave developing it, it is probably low on his todo list after those items i mentioned before.

Kurt

The Ost Front beckons , but like Napoleon and Hitler we are apprehensive

SG1

OK, thanks. I did not remember that the platoon level game was a community mod.

simovitch

The platoon level game was an internal project that fell to the wayside when Command Ops developed into Command Ops 2. It may be resurrected someday.