Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question on Scenario Cards

Tony Bravo

I've recently acquired HoN and have yet to play face to faces. In the mean time, I've also been looking to play online using Vassal. I found an online player willing to play, however he only has the print and play demo. He's asked me for "help" with the scenario we chosen (Road To Foucarville) and asked for a scan or picture of the scenario card.

I'm a firm believer in paying for intellectual property and it doesn't sit right with me to send someone a scenario card.

I'm sure I know the answer, however I would like to know LnL's official stance on scenario cards and who can use them. How would you suggest someone in my position deal with people who want to play via Vassal

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Tony,

I always try not to be a jerk in these cases. My first point is we would prefer you not to share the scenario cards in the game. This is one of the reason we provide the game the way we do. Also the other player won't have any of the module rules since we do not provide that in our Vassal modules. I would suggest you try the demo vassal game we provided for just this reason.

We want new players to read, play and become fans of the LnLT system. This is the reason we provided the 2 x download demos, 2 x printed demos, gameplay walkthrough, rule sequence guide, full living rules PDF etc. We also provide a full download edition of the Heroes of the Pacific Battle Generator and detail rules reference card. All of these items listed above can be found in our Resource section.

We are doing everything we feel possible to make the gamer choice easier and at there finger tips.

David

Tony Bravo

David, I understand whole heartily. I will suggest with him that we play a demo and I will seek other HoN owners elsewhere to play with. Thank you for your clarification.