Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Questions for owners of Noville: Bastogne's Outpost 1st edition

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Two questions:

1) All scenarios requires 1-6-4-5/4 German units. Unfortunately, there are both squads and half-squads with those stats. Is there any distinction made in the 1st edition? There are none in the 2nd edition. I went with squads but would like to make sure I correctly guessed.

2) I vaguely seem to remember that the M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" Sherman was less prone to bog down. Is my memory corect or am I getting too old?

Thanks in advance!

Barthheart

Staff member
From my 1st ed copy rules:
1) There doesn't appear to be any specific thing that says use the 1-6-4-5/4 squads instead of the half squads in the rules or scenarios. But in the rules it does state that the 1-6-4-5/4 half squads are for the reduced 2-6-4-5/4 full squads. So I've always played that any call outs in the scenarios are for full squads only.

2) There is nothing that says the Easy Eight was less prone to bog.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thanks Barthheart! I though so for the 1-6-4-5/4 and, sometimes, just the number asked for is a give away, as there is only 6 x 1-6-4-5/4 half-squad.

As for the Easy Eight, I might have read this in a SSR...or I'm just getting senile :)

As Barthheart says the 1-6-4-5/4 German units are full Squads.

I can confirm the Easy8 bogging on a ‘6’ only is in the scenario special rules.

Cheers!