Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Random Battle Generator

W.Klein

Hi, regarding the possibility of generating own LnL battles with the existing modules i developed a small random battle system, but in german language. If there is interest I could translate it
of course.
With this system you can define small, medium or tall fights with the maps of the modules BoH, NosB, Swift&B.
First you have to define the battle size, via 1d6 the kind of battle (Attack or meeting engagement) and then with 1d6 the map pieces and targets on the maps.
Afterwards you have to choose your troops based on the scen size (f.example: medium is with 500 points for troops). I have taken all troops in the modules into a excel database which is calculating on different variables the purchase points of each unit (from leader - vehicle - offboard arty...)
So you can choose all your troops out of a list to a max of the available scen point.

Then you have to define via 1d6 the availability of troops number starting the battle and possible reinforcements during specific turns
After that, if you have bought some offboard arty you have to roll for what kind of arty support is available during that scen.
Finishing this you have to define with a roll on which side are the forces starting.

Then fight... have fun!

Ok, this is now available... but in german, only ;-)

W.Klein

so.ok. i am just working on an random battle generator as a core part of my developed campaign module for lnl. i am so far to make testing regarding balance and usability. iam in contact to mr. ferrari who is testing the random battle gen. i guess this thing could raise the replay fun of lnl from the scratch. because you are able to choose your troops based on standardsized purchase points depending on the individual abilities of the troops. this is my battle gen.

i am nearly finished with a campaign module which is reflecting the level above the working combat sim of lnl. you have to manage your troops properly to assure the right levels of troop morale, readiness and fatigue. aditonally there is a simple exerience system, weather. replenishment and frontlinemovement included. but the core of the campaign stays at the lnl close combats. but now the results linked together and depending ob the results.
probably it could be a future extension for lnl?

interested?

br wolfgang

Squad Leader

Very interested, and I'm glad that Ralph is helping (I don't know where he finds time to do all this stuff). I'd be glad to test a scenario or two, and look at the campaign module. Please email me at markw at lnlpublishing dot com

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Wolfgang's work on this is very impressive. I generated and played a small battle last week. Came down to the last turn, and the last impulse, with the US Paratroopers winning the scenario. One more German SS MMC and it would have been a German Victory. Doesn't get much closer than that.

Hope to get another scenario played this week. This time a medium battle.