Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Road to Stalingrad..... name change???

Diesel_Kurt

I noticed the name change on the store site (except for home page) any reason why? I kinda like the name "Road to Stalingrad" (I know thats just my preference)

DeHammer

Yea, I'm not keen on the name either.

I'm confused why it would be related to the Stalinist treatment of Ukrainians in the 1930's. The only thing I could think of is that maybe there's a lot of angry Ukrainian partisan units in the game, representing people who were happy to be 'liberated' by Nazi forces?

DeHammer

If anything how about “Heroes of Fall Blau” or “Heroes of Case Blue”?

Yea, I posted those suggestions on Facebook LNL as well.

Also, "Heroes Beyond Barbarossa". Since Case Blue followed up on Operation Barbarossa.

Diesel_Kurt

Another possibility, “Heroes of Army Group South” or maybe the reverse with the Soviet army name.

DeHammer

I suspect that the module focuses on the German perspective of the East Front, kind of opposite to the HotM.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Heroes Road to Stalingrad has been renamed Heroes of the Bitter Harvest. The game/DLC is on the drive to Stalingrad and not the fighting in Stalingrad. There is only one scenario having to do with a battle close to Stalingrad and not any of the city fighting. We also had gamers wondering if this was the board game edition of the PC game (100% is not). The old PC game would not make a good board game module in our view. The old PC game is more of a storytelling experience. Some were also worried we were going to starting adding Zombies/Vampries into our wargame modules as the old PC game did, we are not. We are making a zombie module/DLC for fun and it will have special zombie units and all zombie scenarios. The last point we updated the German Panzer Leader on the cover has red piping and not white. The red represents the standard German army and the white represents the SS unit.

This was an oversite on our (LnLP) part and wanted it corrected it since the counter has Devin Heinle's image and will make sure we can get the game into Germany without breaking any laws.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

David

Diesel_Kurt

How about “Road to Baku” or “Heroes of the Caucus”. Agreed +1 with no zombies, not in ww2 anyways. Maybe a separate module would be fun.