Road types and the Russian Front

Discussion in 'CO2 - Scenarios' started by Grognerd, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Grognerd

Grognerd Member

I have managed to find an excellent source map for MapScan 0. An actual 1942 operational WW2 German map! It shows a road network, I'm going to use the track road type in the editor. These should be just dirt roads.
    But before I go there are minor roads considered dirt or paved?

PS the establishment files Ive started working on, I decided to use WestWall Estab files and modify them.
    I need to duplicate a lot of German files to modify them for Dec 1942. Added the Soviet side and will add a Rumanian side also (some of the ad hoc forces were Romanian). Estab editing is tedious but not that hard.

Attached source map... Source map.jpg

2. john connor

john connor Member

Will you be able to produce a historically accurate 1942 estab for Russian and Axis forces?

3. Grognerd

Grognerd Member

Well, yeah as accurate as the sources I have (20 or so books) and the internet. I have some fairly good source books. Using the 1944 German Estabs in Westwall, I note a good bit of gear that was not available in 1942, I'll have to duplicate the unit and delete the gear, and create new weapons (if required) to replace them. The Panzerfaust and a 1944 assault rifle are 2 good examples. I created the PzIV F2 model, needed to create a new 7.5 cm tank gun L/43 variety as the L48 did not go into production until 1943. It's not all that hard, but it is time consuming.

4. jimcarravallah

The road designation is relative. Attributes for any tile can be changed by double clicking on it and changing numerical values for the movement attributes. .

#4 jimcarravallah, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  5. Grognerd

Grognerd Member

That's right! I forgot about that ability. Thanks.

6. Grognerd

Grognerd Member

Well, I think the map is nearly done - not a busy map - Note the screen grab does not quite show the whole map but most of it. Might throw a few more names on villages.
    Now to finish the Estab files, that will take a lot longer...
    mapp1.jpg

Seb3brv78 and Markojager like this.
  7. Grognerd

Grognerd Member

This is gonna be harder than I thought, unfortunately. But I am plodding on.