RPG and Building Question

Discussion in 'Lock 'n Load Tactical Series' started by Jack Ruetty, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Jack Ruetty

Jack Ruetty Member

In the digital game some Bazooka/RPG SWs can now fire from buildings. Is this rule now a rule change for the board game? Just curious.

Jack

2. Stéphane Tanguay

Stéphane Tanguay Moderator
    Staff Member

This is a proposed rule change but, considering Tom has already implemented it in the Digital game, I'm guessing the Boss has approved it :) Unless we move back on this, this will also be in the next version of the Core Rules or the Clarifications & Corrections document.

3. Jack Ruetty

Jack Ruetty Member

4. Barthheart

Barthheart Moderator
    Staff Member

Really?!? Why?
    :facepalm:

5. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

A lot of people were asking for it but, more importantly, it drasticcaly changed DOH scenario, and even some HOTN ones.

6. Wiggum

Wiggum Member

I guess because of realism. RPGs are fired from buildings constantly in modern conflicts and in WW2 Panzerfausts were fired from buildings. As long as you have a big enough room and no one standing behind you its not that big of an issue. It gives the defender more options and im sure its a very common mistake anyway (players using RPGs from inside buildings because they forget about this special rule).

7. Barthheart

Barthheart Moderator
    Staff Member

RPGs fired from inside buildings, in all the video footage I’ve ever seen, has been by a single person alone in the space. The only times I’ve seen it done with more than one person in a space it results in comedic flailing about by all others in the room.
    So, if this change really “needs” to be made then maybe with some restrictions.
    A single man counter can fire a bazooka/RPG inside a structure with no ill effects.
    If the is also a multi-man counter in the structure OR the bazooka/RPG is fired by a MMC, then all MMCs in the hex become shaken.
    Risk/reward experience.

8. Wiggum

Wiggum Member

Its clearly not ideal but i have seen many videos with 2 or more people inside the room. Really depends on the sice of the room. It is clearly not ideal and the backblast will be a pain in the ass but it is possible and a generally used tactics during urban warfare:

Also, individual rooms are not represented in LnL so the 2 men RPG team could be in a different room then the rest of the squad or the rest of the squad or take cover.

My initial idea was to have a random check to see if the units inside the hex (or floor) become Shaken as a result of the RPG fire. Maybe a roll of 1 or 2 on a d6 will result in a Shaken or something.

9. Ralph Ferrari

Ralph Ferrari Designer
    Staff Member

What if an MMC firing the RPG forfeits use of its IFP for the turn that it fires the RPG from a building? RepresentIng the one or two men staying in the room to fire the RPG and the rest of the squad using the time represented in the turn to take cover in another area of the building. If there are multiple units in the hex, they are not affected since they can be assumed to occupy a different room within the hex. If an SMC is firing the RPG there isn’t any additional effects other than the ones associated with an SMC firing a SW.

10. Thommygunner

Thommygunner Member

How about choice? A to hit of 1 or 2 to fire safely, representing that the team had to move to a safe place in the hex to fire. Or, no to hit penalty but all in the building hex on that level take a 0 or 1 FP fire attack?

11. andyl71

andyl71 Member

I think there needs to be some kind of jeopardy associated with using one of these weapons indoors. Whether it is forfeiting the IFP of the squad, or taking a morale check. Adds a bit of spice to the decision making.

12. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

If you look in the 5.1 Core Rules, attacking such a unit gives a DFT/OFT bonus of +1/-1