Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

rule questions

sgt.saunders

Formation Deck:
1.) If there are 2 cards of each formation in play and only one card of the formation has been drawn after the last End Formation card has been drawn, is an End Formation card withheld?
2.) Is it correct that you activate the formation twice in the round with 2 formation cards?

Direct fire:
1.) If I have 2 units in the same field, can I combine the fire? e.g. 2 inf. Each has 2/2/5 can I fire 4 shots directly?
2.) If so, what about the Improved Positions, it says that the first hit is negated with every attack. So would say that you should not summarize your fire!

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Great questions! See below. Enjoy and thanks for playing!!

Formation Deck:
1.) If there are 2 cards of each formation in play and only one card of the formation has been drawn after the last End Formation card has been drawn, is an End Formation card withheld?

If a formation has activated at least once - whether using at least one its cards or with a Battlefield Event Table result - it is considered to have activated. Given that, if ANY formation has NOT activated, an End Operations card is withheld.

2.) Is it correct that you activate the formation twice in the round with 2 formation cards?

Yes! :)

Direct fire:
1.) If I have 2 units in the same field, can I combine the fire? e.g. 2 inf. Each has 2/2/5 can I fire 4 shots directly?

In the same hex? No, they fire separately.

2.) If so, what about the Improved Positions, it says that the first hit is negated with every attack. So would say that you should not summarize your fire

Correct. Every attack. So Each infantry would lose one hit when it fired on the IP, since each unit fires separately. The exception is Soviet Volley Fire: the Improved position effect is the number one reason to use that rule! :)