Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Rules 2.1 and 2.3.7

BravoCo

In rule 2.1, 2nd paragraph, last sentence, it states "...Formations get to activate (See 2.2.1) BEFORE the first turn begins." However, in Facebook, it was clarified that the Initiative Phase is part of turn 1 and not a pregame turn.

Rule 2.3.7, 2nd paragraph states "If a formation did not activate this turn, return one End Ops card to the deck, and hold the other. Place ALL HQ counters of ALL skipped formations (either side) on top of the card."

If Initiative Phase is before turn 1 begins, and a formation does not activate during Operations Phase of turn 1, then it seems 2nd paragraph of Rule 2.3.7 would apply.

Instead, if Initiative Phase is part of turn 1, and a formation does not activate during Operations Phase of turn 1, then it seems 2nd paragraph of Rule 2.3.7 would not apply.

Perhaps last sentence of 2nd paragraph of rule 2.1 should be rewritten as "[t]hese Formations get to activate (See 2.2.1) in Turn 1 only, BEFORE the Operations Phase begins."

At the end of Rule 2.1, perhaps you could also add: "Any formation that activates during the Initiative Phase counts as an activation for the turn for purposes of 2.3.7."

Last edited:

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hey sorry for the delay, I have seen all your posts, thanks! And will reply one by one (starting with this!) but it always takes me time to write posts in response. The guts of this reply are that the Initiative phase is in fact part of turn 1, as you noted, and ANY activation counts as an activation for purposes of 2.3.7 - whether that activation occurs during the initiative phase, during a typical formation impulse, or an activation due to the Battlefield Events/Friction Table. I hope this helps! :)

BravoCo

Thank you sir. I know you guys are busy creating new products, so I definitely appreciate you taking the time to answer.