Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Rules Question: Can you have a trench in rubble?

Keith

Hi I am new to the game system. Is it kosher to place a trench in a hex with rubble?

Rydo

Hi I am new to the game system. Is it kosher to place a trench in a hex with rubble?
I don't have Motherland, but in the main rulebook the rules says that you can place a foxhole into buildings ( they represent sandbags and other stuff giving a total bonus up to +4 ).

Trenches represents corridors digged on the ground, i immagine the soldiers will dig them just outside the house and not into it.

I'll go with yes. But i'm not 100% sure if its doable. :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Trenches are a type of fortifications. As such, they don't change the basic hex type in which they are places so if the rubble marker is in a Building hex, they cannnot be placed there

Keith

Trenches are a type of fortifications. As such, they don't change the basic hex type in which they are places so if the rubble marker is in a Building hex, they cannnot be placed there
Thanks for the reply. So if say the rubble was in a clear hex, would it be possible to place a trench on top of the rubble? I played my first game where my opponent placed a trench marker on top of a rubble marker in a hear hex behind a stone wall, for a total of +6 terrain modifier, making the hex virtually impregnable.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I'd say yes. That being said, the maximum terrain modifier is +4 (+8 for a sniper, except against arty)