Rules questions

Discussion in 'World At War 85 Series' started by Matt Lohse, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

I wanted to get input on the following rules questions as I work on the revisions...

Currently a formations HQ can call up to two fire missions per activation. Should strikes called by a recon unit or a leader count against those two or should they be counted separately? If they are separate, should they be limited to 1 or 2 missions per turn?

When discussing LOS and hills, the rules say that “an intervening crest line may be ignored if (1) the target is also on a hill hex or (2) the attacker or target is adjacent to the hill line.” But when I look at the LOS chart [using the one from TUS] the M60 is adjacent to the hill line (hex with Challenger) but it can’t see the T-80. If we assume the figure is correct, then the word “adjacent” is incorrect and it should read “is in a hex containing the hill line”. Thoughts?

Currently both being in improved positions and having a hero let a unit ignore a hit under at least some conditions. Should these be allowed to stack (ignore 2 hits) or should there be a maximum of one hit ignored?

2. rastamann

rastamann Member

1) Artillery
    I'd count the artillery requests separately for each formation, but have recon units and leaders reduced to 1 per turn. I think this would reflect the fact that recon units call arty missions but I believe they don't include a dedicated FAO. I think this should be the same for Leaders.

2) LOS
    Would it be possible to upload a picture with that specific example? I think that if an enemy is adjacent he should always be seen.

3) Improved/Leader
    I think one max should be quite sufficient - they're sufficiently hard to dislodge as it is :D

3. rastamann

rastamann Member

On the subject of questions, and regarding LOS - do intervening units (friend or foe) block LOS?

4. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

They do not (unless they are wrecks and there are two of them).

5. rastamann

rastamann Member

Thanks! I was under that impression. I'm not sure if I missed it in the rules - perhaps add it in to the new version?