Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Rules questions

Matt Lohse

I wanted to get input on the following rules questions as I work on the revisions...

Currently a formations HQ can call up to two fire missions per activation. Should strikes called by a recon unit or a leader count against those two or should they be counted separately? If they are separate, should they be limited to 1 or 2 missions per turn?

When discussing LOS and hills, the rules say that “an intervening crest line may be ignored if (1) the target is also on a hill hex or (2) the attacker or target is adjacent to the hill line.” But when I look at the LOS chart [using the one from TUS] the M60 is adjacent to the hill line (hex with Challenger) but it can’t see the T-80. If we assume the figure is correct, then the word “adjacent” is incorrect and it should read “is in a hex containing the hill line”. Thoughts?

Currently both being in improved positions and having a hero let a unit ignore a hit under at least some conditions. Should these be allowed to stack (ignore 2 hits) or should there be a maximum of one hit ignored?

rastamann

1) Artillery
I'd count the artillery requests separately for each formation, but have recon units and leaders reduced to 1 per turn. I think this would reflect the fact that recon units call arty missions but I believe they don't include a dedicated FAO. I think this should be the same for Leaders.

2) LOS
Would it be possible to upload a picture with that specific example? I think that if an enemy is adjacent he should always be seen.

3) Improved/Leader
I think one max should be quite sufficient - they're sufficiently hard to dislodge as it is :D

rastamann

On the subject of questions, and regarding LOS - do intervening units (friend or foe) block LOS?

rastamann

Thanks! I was under that impression. I'm not sure if I missed it in the rules - perhaps add it in to the new version?