Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Russian armor without radios

GSW

Hi all. I was wondering if not allowing Russian armor to benefit from other friendly units spotting might be a way to show how hampered Russian armor was tactically because of their low ratio of radios to tanks, particularly pre 44 scenarios. I would allow them to spot enemy units that were fired on by friendly units that they could see, both friendly and enemy (this would represent following the tracers,enemy.Obviously this would effect play balance in existing scenarios and point values for the armor. This might, however make it possible for the Germans to come close to achieving the tactical advantage they had and their large kill to loss ratios. Any thoughts?

Interesting topic vehicles without radios, this affects virtually all the French light tanks from HofB too (which are more than able to KO German AFVs!). My thoughts are rather than penalizing their 'spotting' it was their ability to manoeuvre freely that should be capped. At the moment these radioless vehicles can dart around the board and as pointed out they are very able to destroy early German armour and concentrate on infantry and probably are achieving better results than they would of historically because of this ability to manoeuvre so readily. Need to put some thought into this but maybe to utliise their full movement these vehicles need to stay closely grouped together or move in formation?
Will have to have a bit of a think about this over a glass of red, looking forward to seeing what others thoughts are...