Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenario 17 Storming the Gap Russian Artillery?

GSW

Hi. I just got Storming the Gap and have set up scenario 17 (I played 12 already, great fun!). It says on page 92 that only Soviet formations can use Soviet artillery. I don't see any Soviet artillery in the OB and it is not mentioned in the errata. Did I miss something?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi. I just got Storming the Gap and have set up scenario 17 (I played 12 already, great fun!). It says on page 92 that only Soviet formations can use Soviet artillery. I don't see any Soviet artillery in the OB and it is not mentioned in the errata. Did I miss something?
It should be only East German formations can use the East German artillery strikes.

GSW

Keith: Thanks. I sort of figured that but wanted to make sure I had not missed something. Also thanks for all the effort (and I am sure fun as well) you put into designing the game. You said in a video that you did not like covering the counters with condition markers and I am all with you there. I don't know what can be done with a Vassal program but for paper and cardboard games I have used clear counters with markings on the side or tinted (you probably already know this). I have included pics. The round ones I used with Old School Tactical but think I might use the square ones from Litko. The yellow tint is for disrupted units and the red for out of comms. I can't decide it I want to use the red on the sides or tinted on the surface. I also have not decided if I like the black solid on the sides or with the stripes for Ops complete. Any opinions? (The picture quality might not be all that great).

Attachments

• lnl1.jpg
    lnl1.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 8
  • lnl2.jpg
    lnl2.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 7
  • lnl3.jpg
    lnl3.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 6

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Just 2 cents, but I like the translucent red for Ops Complete and the yellow for Disrupted. ;-) Very cool in any case, and whatever you choose!

GSW

That definitely keeps with the color pattern with the markers already with the game. If anybody decides to use this idea just a heads up....wear latex gloves when you make the counters if you don't want red and yellow fingers and the yellow usually takes two coats to really notice it, particularly if your lighting where you play is not all that bright. Anyway, as I always say to my wife when I go wargaming...gotta go now and make the world safe for democracy:).