Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenario creation thread. Follow along if you want

kohlenklau

NEXT UP!
I am moving on to make a HoNA scenario called "Wilson's Wadi" and it is not an ASL translation but just something from my imagination...

kohlenklau

My new SOP is to go into a "stock scenario of interest" with the editor and screenshot the victory conditions, maybe the other settings, stuff about units BUT THENNNNNNN I start with from scratch with a new blank scenario in the editor to build it and use the screenshots to help me dial in stuff....

Right now I think HoNA scenario "Ponente" is my model for "Wilson's Wadi"

kohlenklau

ok, I have a new scenario. "Wilson's Wadi" morphed into a version of an old Combat Mission scenario of mine "Tobruk Digger Easter"...and you can grab it here to try out...
NOTE: This new scenario uses Heroes in Defiance units so you need HiD

www.dropbox.com

Kohlenklau LnL Custom Scenarios

Shared with Dropbox
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com

Last edited:

kohlenklau

My buddy test played the new Tobruk scenario. Played as axis and observed the allied AI have ALL the turn 1 Australian units piled in the same hex as the VP bunker. I THINK that sometimes certain editor actions CAN cause changes in other areas of the editor. I know that as you enter VP values for units such as tanks, you can cause them to button or unbutton or turn their turrets left or right which carries over to how they default set up.

kohlenklau

dabbling around with event hexes and I see some interesting events that add some random change to zones for improving replayability

kohlenklau

here is something I do not like about the scenario editor:

You only get 1 chance at the very beginning to set these 3 things and then it seems you can never go back to change them.
Side 1 source of units: HoNA, HiD, HotBH, etc.
Side 2 source of units: HoNA, HiD, HotBH, etc.
Source of maps: HoNA, HiD, HotBH, etc.

kohlenklau

OK, this thread STARTED with me trying to recreate ASL's "Blazin' Chariots"

I have a wee bit of LnLTD scenario editor experience under my belt! I now will use units for axis from HoTBH. It has short barrel 75mm PzIV and has PzIIF and a PzIIIJ

kohlenklau

I decided this forum seemed quiet and maybe everybody for LnLTD is over at Steam...

So I will go there to the Steam LnL TD forum to do scenario creation discussions.
Best wishes,
Phil