Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenario possible error, looking for suggested fix:

Kevin Sharp

Heroes of the Gap [expansion] or more commonly known as Heroes against
the Red Star

Is there errata for this scenario?

is there a ambush condition that is missing?
All scns in LNLT that are ambush that I have played have a ambush SSR. This does not. Looking at the VC's I believe this will break the mission pretty quickly. Just wanted some clarification on that and the transport with a suggested fix please.2021-04-19 22.25.57.jpg2021-04-19 22.25.57.jpg

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As answered on FB and BGG, no errata/omission that I know of, other than the stream being a type 3 stream

Kevin Sharp

ok... You said that already.
Let me try to ask in a different way.
Since you and the team are the FAq/Honchos guys Im simply asking should there be a ambush rule for the scenario that was either missed or some such?
If not no is a good answer. If so I can apply that as a rule.
Would it be possible for someone to look at the scenario and tell me if that is accurate please?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Let me try to answer in a different way.

1) I'm in charge of the FAQ. Over the last year, I've scoured the various LNL forums (Facebook, Consimworld, BGG, this forum. etc.) going back as far as 2004, read every post (10000s of them) and never saw anything about a missing ambush rule for this scenario.

2) I'm currently waiting for someone that still owns Honneur & Patrie to take pictures of the scenario's pages so that I can confirm that there was no such rule in the first edition (I don't own it anymore)

3) I have looked at the scenario and I don't see any need for an ambush SSR. The setup instructions that put the French at a distance of 2-3 hexes of the Soviets, while having the initiative, will result in the French getting a headstart advantage, akin to an ambush 9evwen though the word ambush does not appear anywhere in the scenario

4) I have not actually played the scenario so I cannot be 100 % sure that there is no problem with the setup but I have a bit of experience in playing the game and this, added to the fact that no one has complained about this scenario since 2012 (H&P publishing date) make me pretty confident there is no problem

5) I won't bother asking Mark Walker, the scenario designer, about this; I never got an answer to my last questions and that is OK; it is no longer his baby, and he would probably not even remember.

6) The only thing left I can do to convince you that what you are expecting, based on your previous playing of other convoy ambush scenario, is not there, is to play the scenario myself. I might be able to do this in the coming week and will report on my experience

Have you played it? If so, did you notice a problem with the actual scenario rules, setup, etc. that made you wonder if something was missing ?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Got my answer regarding the first edition of this scenario, in Honneur & Patrie; there was no ambush SSR in the original design too.