Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenarios in Starter Kit

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi!

For those of you who, like me, are completist, I thought it might be interesting to know that the Starter Kit (at least the printed version) has two more scenarios beside Assault on Vierville and A friend in need.

The first one, titled Rejoining the Regiment, requires some remnants of an Ost battalion to break through a roadblock set up by a detachment of the 506 PIR. 5 turns long.

The second one, titled The Weapons Cache, oppose a US platoon bend on destroying a weapons cache in Nha Trang on August 20, 1965, only to find out that this village is the logistics and ressupply point for a local VC force. 6 turns long.

Both are from Doug Miller and are one map scenario with an handfull of counters.

Rydo

Hi!

For those of you who, like me, are completist, I thought it might be interesting to know that the Starter Kit (at least the printed version) has two more scenarios beside Assault on Vierville and A friend in need.

The first one, titled Rejoining the Regiment, requires some remnants of an Ost battalion to break through a roadblock set up by a detachment of the 506 PIR. 5 turns long.

The second one, titled The Weapons Cache, oppose a US platoon bend on destroying a weapons cache in Nha Trang on August 20, 1965, only to find out that this village is the logistics and ressupply point for a local VC force. 6 turns long.

Both are from Doug Miller and are one map scenario with an handfull of counters.

Intersting. Now i consider the starter kits more worthy as i tough they were just demo scenarios. Cool indeed.

Scenarios wise, are they balanced? I might think of getting those if they are. Also not so while ago, i spotted Ty talking with David about a scenario they were working for the starter kit called Beyond the Rhine or something like that.

Nice post.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Can't say, I have not played them yet. Second one is particulary interesting because it involves three events. Also the VC forces are not on the map at start but are revealed by one of the events.

For the price, you also get 130 counters and 2 X-Maps (1 and 15) that can come handy as spare parts if you already own HOTN and HON.

And, of course, it is a nice kit to initiate new players or as a gift

Barthheart

Staff member
I play tested the WWII scenario in the starter kit by Doug. It's a fun scenario. Hard for the Germans by defiantly balanced.... if you know what yer doing. :)

Alexander

Hi!

Are you saying you have hardcopy scenario sheets inside the Starter Kit?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Oh I think I see where you are coming from. There are no scenarios (and no rules) in the physical copy of the Starter Kit; you only get the maps, the counters and a Player Aids card. As indicated on the Store webpage, you have to download the Starter Kit PDF (or the CoreRules) to get the rules and the scenarios

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
If you own HON, the one thing that would be new for you in the starter kit would be one WW2 scenario (that can be played with HON) and 2 Vietnam scenarios (with assorted counters and charts for this era)

Trent Garner

The Vassal module for the LnL Tactical Starter Kit also contains all four scenarios. They are quite fun to play and should give new and experienced players a pretty good challenge.

Fentum

Played all four starters a few times playing each side on digital.

lovely job.