Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

scenarios

specmats

Hello, I wonder what scenarios will come after the two that are free..!?

Best Regard
Mats

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The engine, which is free, comes with three scenarios - the tutorial, Manhay Crossroads and Greyhound Dash. We will be releasing five data Modules at the same time as we release the engine. You can buy these separately at $30 each or purchase the Starter Pack with all five for $50 for a limited time offer - ie within 90 days of release. The five initial Modules cover Market Garden, Bulge 1 and 2, Greece and the Med.

After that we will be releasing Knock on All Doors (KOAD), which is a hypothetical set of scenarios based around the original German staff plan for the Bulge - ie the one that Hitler rejected. These will be larger scenarios on larger maps and players will have more operational options to consider.

We will then release Westwall, which covers a set of battles along the German border in late 44/early 45, including Aachen, Geilenkirchen, Overloon, the Siegfried Switch, Solberg Corridor and Metz.

Both KOAD and Westwall should be released in the first half of this year.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Koad and Westwall are 30 each? No pack discount etc?
That's right. We offered the bundle deal for the starter pack because the data content, with the exception of the Med pack, have been released previously albeit for CO1, and because we wanted to do right by our previous customers. KOAD and Westwall are new product and so command full price. At some point down the line we may bundle these but certainly not in the immediate future.

Kurt

The engine, which is free, comes with three scenarios - the tutorial, Manhay Crossroads and Greyhound Dash. We will be releasing five data Modules at the same time as we release the engine. You can buy these separately at $30 each or purchase the Starter Pack with all five for $50 for a limited time offer - ie within 90 days of release. The five initial Modules cover Market Garden, Bulge 1 and 2, Greece and the Med.

After that we will be releasing Knock on All Doors (KOAD), which is a hypothetical set of scenarios based around the original German staff plan for the Bulge - ie the one that Hitler rejected. These will be larger scenarios on larger maps and players will have more operational options to consider.

We will then release Westwall, which covers a set of battles along the German border in late 44/early 45, including Aachen, Geilenkirchen, Overloon, the Siegfried Switch, Solberg Corridor and Metz.

Both KOAD and Westwall should be released in the first half of this year.
Hi Dave, KOAD is exactly what i have been researching for the last twelve months. I remember playing "PLAN MARTIN" on Matrix games TOAW and have always been a bit obsessed with these hypothetical scenarios. I spent some time extending the Echternach map from CO1 BFTB and new force lists to create a two week battle in LXXX Korp area. Cant wait for KOAD now !!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Paper Tiger

Could I ask if four of these five modules that comprise the Commanders Pack be the same as the ones I got with BffB, HttR and BoG with the fifth being the Med scenarios? No worries if they are as the wife won't know ;)

john connor

That's what's been said, Paper Tiger, I believe. But, I think there's also some additional North African scenarios that weren't officially released as part of CotA in there - user made scenarios.

To add to your question, for Dave, though - I wonder are ALL the old BFTB scenarios included in the new 2 part BFTB pack? And are ALL the old HTTR and BfG scenarios in those packs?

Are you the Paper Tiger who designs Combat Mission scenarios? Including, for example, the lovely Nijmegan campaign? If so, kudos. If not, you share a moniker with him!

Peter

Paper Tiger

That's what's been said, Paper Tiger, I believe. But, I think there's also some additional North African scenarios that weren't officially released as part of CotA in there - user made scenarios.

To add to your question, for Dave, though - I wonder are ALL the old BFTB scenarios included in the new 2 part BFTB pack? And are ALL the old HTTR and BfG scenarios in those packs?

Are you the Paper Tiger who designs Combat Mission scenarios? Including, for example, the lovely Nijmegan campaign? If so, kudos. If not, you share a moniker with him!

Peter
Yup, that's me. I've given CM2 fans plenty to complain about in my time :D