Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Search and Destroy as the VC

Jack Ruetty

Played as the Americans and everything was good. Played as the VC and have run into issues. Biggest one is I cannot get the units to be setup where I want them. Click on one hex and it places them on a different hex. I know they have to placed two hexes from an American unit. There is nothing in the SSR about placement being random. I cannot get them into hexes I choose. The other thing that happened was that I all of a sudden gained control of the American units. Not sure what I did to get that to happen. Not sure if this is all a bug or I am missing something. Any help?

Jack

Wiggum

Maybe a case of missing briefing information?
There still are some briefing information missing especially SSR. I hope they will soon get added so we get all informations that we need.

Jack Ruetty

Thanks Wiggum. I have the HOtN board game and the briefing information. All it says about placing the VC is they have to be on map 8 and two hexes from any American unit. Have you tried this scenario? I like to make sure it is not just me screwing something up.

Jack

Wiggum

No I have not played it.
I generally avoid playing scenarios outside the starter pack for now since I always fear I will miss important briefing details like SSR sice they are not yet included in the digital version fully.

A friend showed me the bordgame briefing for Battle for Al Bac and I realized how much informations the digital briefings are still missing.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I remember it was fiddly to place the VC units during playtesting but it was doable. Seems like your situation is worse:) And yes, taking control of the US units is a bug :)

Jack Ruetty

Thanks Stéphane. I hope Tom takes a look at it. Only scenario for either HON or HOtN I actually just gave up on.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Yeah I have to do two things for the setup in general I think. One is to only highlight valid hexes (not overstacked or whatever), and the other is to have some kind of doublechecking at the end that quickly makes sure none of the various SSRs are violated. I really need that doublechecking for some of the newer scenarios I'm putting in, but if I do that, I can then maybe let go of some of the weird restrictions in there right now about what order you have to put counters down in.

Anyway that was a longwinded way to say, yep, I'll look at it. :p