Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Sequencing Orders

Ty Snouffer

I made the leap on CO2 and am playing through the excellent Return to St. Vith PDF tutorial. I'm finding placing orders a little fidgety usually in the form of thinking I placed an order for a specific start time or duration to come back later and see it had changed in some way.

The reason I am posting is I can't quite get my head around sequential orders. For instance, if I want a Bn to move to a particular location and then later to another location, I can't seem to figure out how to issue that order without them completing the first move and then enduring another orders delay.

Another example would be if I want an arty unit to fire at one location for 30 mins and then move to another target after that (rolling I think it is called), I can't seem to figure out how to properly issue that order without enduring the orders dealy.

Can someone help with me this and/or point me to the part of the rulebook that covers it (I've been trying to use that too).

Thanks!

I made the leap on CO2 and am playing through the excellent Return to St. Vith PDF tutorial. I'm finding placing orders a little fidgety usually in the form of thinking I placed an order for a specific start time or duration to come back later and see it had changed in some way.

The reason I am posting is I can't quite get my head around sequential orders. For instance, if I want a Bn to move to a particular location and then later to another location, I can't seem to figure out how to issue that order without them completing the first move and then enduring another orders delay.

Another example would be if I want an arty unit to fire at one location for 30 mins and then move to another target after that (rolling I think it is called), I can't seem to figure out how to properly issue that order without enduring the orders dealy.

Can someone help with me this and/or point me to the part of the rulebook that covers it (I've been trying to use that too).

Thanks!
Holding down the control key while selecting an order with the mouse allows for issuing sequential orders.

To end the sequencing, you release the control key, and then issue a final order.

The default anticipates separate orders being issued in sequence (e.g. move to a location, defend facing north).

To issue sequential move orders, or waypoints denoting a movement path. hold down the control key, issue the first move, then click the "move" icon a second time, and issue the next waypoint in the move sequence.

Denote the final move destination, or to issue a final disposition of the force (e.g. move through waypoint 1, then waypoint 2, then attack) by releasing the control key before issuing the final order.

Bie

The sequencing of these type of complex orders is to my knowledge not possible in Command Ops 2.

As Jim stated in the previous post: Ctrl will let you designate waypoints. But things like adding timed waypoints is not possible I think. Giving multiple targets in succession is also not possible I'm afraid. To solve you artillery problem you can always use the "Run Until" feature. Just enter the time that your artillery will be finished and the game will pause. That way it is easy to see when your artillery is done.

Last edited:

Ty Snouffer

Thanks guys. Now I know what that "R" is for on the Game Speed window.

This game really forces you to plan. Which I guess is kind of the point!