Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Setting Expectations on Corrected Game Resources

Ty Snouffer

Now that the LnLT reprints/releases have been out for several months, I'd like to hear from LnLP what the plans are for correcting the numerous errors and omissions across the series. Whether it is typos, missing sections from scenarios, counter errors, etc. it isn't clear what LnLP plans are to address this.

This generally seems to be a known issue and there are a few threads that detail these types of errors. I don't think there is clarity on what customers can expect in terms or resources or when those will be released.

My preference at this stage would be a living errata doc for each game that is posted or maintained. That is for LnLP to decide though.

This is my biggest pain point right now for an otherwise enjoyable series.

Thanks

Ty Snouffer

What I've seen from the NaW errata docs is a good example of what I have in mind (although 14 scenarios in Stalin's Triumph with errors? yikes.)

Ty Snouffer

giphy.gif

Rydo

I don't know what's happening here.

Probably they are still on vacation, also some notorius members are missing for a long time, like Jeff Lewis.

I hope all is good for them.

Maybe they're holding up for a big announcement about those correction issues alongside new modules in the works.

Someone knows at what point the grenada module is?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I guess a lot of staff is still on holidays and I can say for sure that Jeff was still alive and kicking on January 1st :)

I'm working on a very comprehensive errata document and I think that LNLP want to use it to publish something akin to the NAW errata docs but these things take time. Just checking the WW2 counters for errata took me well over 80 hours, as I'm starting almost from scratch. Since I have a real job, those 80+ hours have been spread over months. I still have the Modern counters to go over (hence my numerous post about versions of past LNL products). As you know, the Scenarios errata is pretty much done, although finding an errata in the counters sometimes result in a scenario errata.

After that, I guess one could compile a rules errata and then a chart errata but I think I'll pass or, at least, take a break and actually play the game instead of writing errata :)

Ty Snouffer

As you know, the Scenarios errata is pretty much done,

I thought you were largely focusing on the old editions of modules. I have my doubts that there have been enough eyes on all the new games to consider scenario errata pretty much done.

I have no doubt it is a lot of work as it seems like there are a lot of issues. :wacky:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Most scenarios errata are found by comparing the older versions with the newest. Of course, this can't be done with HONA. Same approach with Counters errata.