Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

john connor

Mmm. Considering it was meant to be out today, it's been conspicuously quiet in here today! Neither Dave to be seen. I rather think we're in for another delay. Lol. I'm used to it!

panzerpit

This is really great news, Dave. Moreover, it may be even better if you clarify whose 'today' you mean. For us in Europe, 'yours' today means, we will have to wait for tomorrow, 'ours' today means we will get it in two hours, LNL's today means Jason has a few hours more... Eh... this time zone issues... :)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
This is really great news, Dave. Moreover, it may be even better if you clarify whose 'today' you mean. For us in Europe, 'yours' today means, we will have to wait for tomorrow, 'ours' today means we will get it in two hours, LNL's today means Jason has a few hours more... Eh... this time zone issues... :)
Now why would I add clarity on this when fuzziness is definitely in my interest.:) During this pre release stage I am in constant comms with LNL. There is a constant and daily exchange as we build, test and report. The cycle continues till all the issues are addressed. Bear in mind that the time difference is always causing one of us, if not both, to feel out of step. Sometimes I find myself referencing time in Denver terms and others in Canberra terms. Compound that with the adverse effects on my short term memory that afflict an ageing mind and I barely remember what time it is let alone what day of the week it is here or in the US.;)

rjantzi

Now why would I add clarity on this when fuzziness is definitely in my interest.:) During this pre release stage I am in constant comms with LNL. There is a constant and daily exchange as we build, test and report. The cycle continues till all the issues are addressed. Bear in mind that the time difference is always causing one of us, if not both, to feel out of step. Sometimes I find myself referencing time in Denver terms and others in Canberra terms. Compound that with the adverse effects on my short term memory that afflict an ageing mind and I barely remember what time it is let alone what day of the week it is here or in the US.;)
Hi all, just a quick question from a CO rookie. I've never played the game before but I'm following this release saga closely as I'm eager to try out the game with the free engine and sample scenarios. My question is, knowing that the manual won't be completed for the release of the engine, what will I be able to use to learn how to play? Will the exisiting manual for CO1 be available to download? No rush on the reply, I understand there's bigger issues on the plate at this time.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all, just a quick question from a CO rookie. I've never played the game before but I'm following this release saga closely as I'm eager to try out the game with the free engine and sample scenarios. My question is, knowing that the manual won't be completed for the release of the engine, what will I be able to use to learn how to play? Will the exisiting manual for CO1 be available to download? No rush on the reply, I understand there's bigger issues on the plate at this time.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Thanks for your question Rob. It's a good one. First off I cannot make available the original BFTB (CO1) manual as parts are copyrighted by Matrix Games. We will however, make available the Intro Movies available. As I mentioned, I am working on the Manuals right now and will progressively release updates as we go. I will also be available to answer any questions you may have.

Perturabo

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Command Ops 1 demo has the tutorial videos and probably the manual:
http://www.atomicgamer.com/games/5932/command-ops-battles-from-the-bulge/files

rjantzi

Thanks for your question Rob. It's a good one. First off I cannot make available the original BFTB (CO1) manual as parts are copyrighted by Matrix Games. We will however, make available the Intro Movies available. As I mentioned, I am working on the Manuals right now and will progressively release updates as we go. I will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm looking forward to the release.
Cheers

Greg

This reminds of the old Matrix days. By that I mean how they would get all of Dave's work and take quite a while to make it available with little or no communication.

Ramses

I sure hope it doesn't take much longer. The € - $ exchange rate is getting worse every day.....:cool:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
In their defence you have to realise that a lot of things have tofall into place. For instance you need all the web graphics fro each product, product descriptions, installers, store entry for each module, not to mention the linkages between the payment system and reports etc. It's not all beer and skittles.:bored:

Greg

Got a meeting with my tax accountant this morning and wanted to spend some $ before Obama gets his hands on it.:(

john connor

Dave said: In their defence you have to realise that a lot of things have tofall into place. For instance you need all the web graphics fro each product, product descriptions, installers, store entry for each module, not to mention the linkages between the payment system and reports etc. It's not all beer and skittles

You're right, Dave. And they've only had a couple of days to prepare all this, right? Because it's come as a surprise to all of us that this product will now be available..... ;) Just joking...

Last edited: