SITREP

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor, Jan 15, 2015.

1. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

You could always go with a WW2 theme. Here's a rough quick and dirty version:
    [​IMG]

2. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

Here's a mock up screen:
    [​IMG]

3. simovitch

simovitch Member

I'm really impressed with the direction CO2 is going and very happy with the LnL website improvements as well. Can't wait to try out the new features in beta. Good to see Daz and other helping out as well!

4. EdJaws

EdJaws Member

Very nice Plodder, I like it.

5. papymaj5

papymaj5 Member

Plodder, I really like your black and white version. It looks like a German SS cuffband.

An idea, there are multiple start pages for different powers. Why not have a different patch for each power. A German patch for the German screen, an american style for the american scree, etc. Plodder made a good German one. Daz, that round red and black patch was awesome. Just thinking out loud.

#45 papymaj5, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  6. pierreoza

pierreoza Member

good screen !

7. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Great suggestion about having a different version for each of the four startup screens we have - ie German, Brit, American and Soviet.

8. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Daz,

Good concept but alas it's not going to work as is because a logo needs to be kept simple. The reason being that it will be scaled to very small sizes for different marketing purposes and it has to be clearly recognisable. The trouble with yours is that when you scale it down that radio antenna frame gets lost and its nigh impossible to discern the radio vehicle for what it really is. It's a pity. Maybe strip away the truck and its background altogether and thicken up the lines on the A frame antenna.

9. Daz

Daz Member

To be honest I liked Dave's original patch but would look far better with the Plodders lettering on it.

I'm not so keen on the background of the Plodders patch you see, but the lettering looks awesome.
    I think its the wide border on it that puts me off, especially the over powering border braid.
    In my opinion I think the background of the patch needs to be more subtle so as not to look out of place, like Dave's original did.
    The lettering on Dave's original was a bit naff though, and the Plodders looks great.

The last one that looks like an SS armband looks fantastic including the background, and could be used for the Axis selection screen as per Papymaj5 excellent suggestion.

I know there is a lot of water under the bridge, and its just a strategy game, but I think any vets might take offence to seeing it with a background picture showing Allied forces.
    I would usually be the last one to say this as I love the challenge of playing Axis forces, and the elite SS Panzer units, but seeing that last pic for some reason didn't seem right.

10. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Hey Richard (aka The Plodder),

I reckon the black and white one would be great for the German start-up screen. Any chance you could work up ones for the Brits, American and Soviet. I was thinking that for the colour schemes we could go as follows:
    • Brit - khaki background, gold lettering and marone edging
    • American - olive green background, white lettering and an edge of silver stars
    • Soviet - Forest Green background, Red lettering with a band of small red stars
    Happy to consider alternative suggestions for the colours and edging.

11. papymaj5

papymaj5 Member

Plodder/Daz, an idea for the american patch. You could use the 82nd Airborne Division patch and change the "AA" to CO with maybe a 2 over it?

[​IMG]

Daz, where did that round red and black patch came from? I really liked that.

#51 papymaj5, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  12. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

In terms of dimensions I really need a patch that is wider than it is tall. It has to be used for a number of things, including the manual and intro movies, when we revise them, plus packaging and marketing items etc.

13. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

Okay. Here's the British and Germans as per your schemes. I'm keeping the same lettering and the images are the same size with the logo in the same x-y coordinates
    [​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

14. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Richard,

Can you reduce the height of the Brit one to be the same as the German. Now that I think about it they should all have the same dimensions. I prefer the dimensions of the German one. FOr the Brit one could you make the background a tad darker and modify the huie to be a tad browner. Pretty please. Love your work mate.:)

15. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

How's this for the Brits?
    [​IMG]

16. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

17. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

With the yanks, do you want it as the brits but OD and white letters with three stars above or below the text?Or do you just want a line of stars above and below the text?

18. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

What about a silver bar around the edge with three silver stars at the centre top and bottom. The stars don't have to be big. I'm open to suggestions.

19. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

OK here's the Scenario Selection screen displaying the default SAM - ie where we don't have a specific situation awareness map for the scenario. This is using an embedded resource bitmap. I now need to get it to use a user specified file.

This image is pretty crude - again relying on my fairly basic artistic skills. I'd be more than happy to substitute something better.

Default SAM.jpg

20. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

How's this for the US?
    [​IMG]

Edit: I'll centre the stars, of course. [emoji1]

#60 The Plodder, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015