Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

The Plodder

OK here's the Scenario Selection screen displaying the default SAM - ie where we don't have a specific situation awareness map for the scenario. This is using an embedded resource bitmap. I now need to get it to use a user specified file.

This image is pretty crude - again relying on my fairly basic artistic skills. I'd be more than happy to substitute something better.

How about something like this for starters?
SAM-screen_1.png

john connor

They're all great, but the Soviet one with the writing obscured by the braiding is very unclear for me (colour blindness could be contributing, not sure). I think you should have two lines of gold braid above and below the lettering, not behind it, or make the braiding as thick as the lettering. .

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
They're all great, but the Soviet one with the writing obscured by the braiding is very unclear for me (colour blindness could be contributing, not sure). I think you should have two lines of gold braid above and below the lettering, not behind it, or make the braiding as thick as the lettering. .
I see your point Peter.

Richard, could you please oblige Peter and provide a Soviet version with the braid above and below the lettering.

The Plodder

Here you go. I can't say I like this version, reminds me of Burger King and it's lost it's Russian-ness. Let me see if I can adjust the contrast on the original or add a more darker layer under the lettering.
CO2Russian_2braids.png

john connor

I really like the double band one, Plodder. But the one above is good too - clearer, for sure. I would worry, if I were Dave, about the title being cluttered and lost though, with that band behind the writing, especially if it's used anywhere where the size is reduced etc. On a less relevant note, it's not going to be 'physically' correct like that, with letters stitched over embossed braiding - they would have to actually curve over the braiding in real life. Not that that matters, if it works - but for me the double band one is great and really clear. See what Dave thinks. Thanks!

Falkon00

Maybe thinner ribbons on top and bottom, with more of a gap between lettering and braids... but red stars on top of the ribbons kinda like the American version...

Daz

Excellent work Richard :happy:

I don't have time at the moment to contribute much I'm afraid, but I think your shoulder patches are great, and so is the Situation map, place holder.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1645 Friday 23 Jan 2015

Hi all. I have finished off all outstanding tasks bar the issue of the disbanding bases as reported by Peter this morning and the need to replace the file icons we use. The current ones have BFTB all over them. Hopefully Marc von Martial who did the current set can work up a new set asap. On Monday I will look into the disbanding bases issue and then upload all the files to LNL who will then prepare the installer. We will need to test this before we can make it publically available. We ARE close. CO2 is coming.:)