Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

john connor

Hope your child and brother get well soon, Dave. And wish you great luck with the contract!

Peter

Kurt

Yeah you have a lot on your plate , as the saying goes . Hope your family get well soon .

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP Friday 9 Dec 2016.

Hi folks. Pavlo and I hope to hook up this Sunday evening to iron out the last of the hurdles with the registration code. This should clear the way for CO2 to go on Steam. It's been a long time coming, I know. LNL will be announcing a pre Xmas sale shortly. So stay tuned for that.

I attended Connections Oz 2016 in Melbourne earlier this week. This is a convention for those involved with professional wargames. This is the Australian version of the US Connections convention. It's largely dominated by the military, as you'd expect. But we also had a few non-military types from academia and games industry. I really enjoyed the two days. We had a number of very good presentations, especially the briefing from Col Andy Haebich the Director of Joint Experimentation Program, which comes under Force Design Division. We got to play a few wargames and a matrix game of the Falklands war. I was the Argentinians and was delighted when I sunk a swag of pommie transports. I lost the crappy Argentine carrier but managed to achieve all my objectives. So I was a happy chappy. Anyway it all helped recharge the batteries.

john connor

Here's to you recharging those batteries, Dave! I so much want the game to continue to be developed. I've been playing a few PBEM WW2 games and would just long for those proper CO2 maps and not having to push around every single counter. So I just hope so much you can re-charge to the extent that at some point (soon!) you can develop the AI in the essential ways already discussed (most importantly scripting starting positions/plans etc for the enemy so that the designer's intention (historical or otherwise) is met, followed by looking closely at the AI effectiveness in using all of its forces in a concentrated, co-ordinated way, whether in attack or defence, instead of leaving such large 'reserves' unused, even through losing positions) - after that adding in mounted ops would be icing on the cake. It would certainly then be the only game I would look at!!

Compared to everythig else out there this game is a work of art! It needs you back in the pit, developing, Dave!

Meanwhile, merry xmas and I hope all is going well for you and yours!

Peter

Last edited:

kipanderson

Dave,

sounds good, hope all goes well for you.

It is a game apart. Hope it goes on and on.. :).

All the best,
Kip.

Ramses

Hang in there Dave, hope everything gets well after all.....

Happy holidays and enjoy the summer!

Iconoclast

We got to play a few wargames and a matrix game of the Falklands war. I was the Argentinians and was delighted when I sunk a swag of pommie transports. I lost the crappy Argentine carrier but managed to achieve all my objectives. So I was a happy chappy. Anyway it all helped recharge the batteries.

Can we find comprehensive AARs of those games somwhere online?

Cheers, glad you are back and combat ready

Last edited:

Rosseau

Ten months since the last update? Not to be uncaring, but we all have problems. I've had spinal stenosis and my income is down 45% over past few years. My brother had two kidney transplants and can't button his shirt due to neuropathy. But my boss would not hesitate to fire me if I missed a deadline.

However, Schwerpunkt holds the record on broken promises. Well over a year and game still not finished.

So I guess the work on the game just stops when you have issues? No one else to keep things moving?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Agreed, we all have problems. That's life.

We have been making some progress. We're currently ironing out issues with the game running on Steam. Our beta testers have had a beta version running under Steam these last couple of weeks. The biggest issue so far was the need to replace all references to the sound files to make them conform with Steams' case sensitive framework. That one's done and dusted now and we've put out a new set of builds for the testers. They are going through these methodically to ensure every scenario can load, play, save and reload without a problem. This is a time consuming business.

Where also waiting on LNL who have been building the Steam Store for our products. Hopefully that will be done shortly and hopefully the testing won't throw up any more significant problems. If all goes well, we should be able to sign off to Steam early February. They then require a couple of weeks for stuff at their end. So late Feb is my best estimate for it to go on sale at Steam.

Rosseau

Why should I care about your progress on Steam? And talk about a demanding group of customers there! It gets really ugly.

I guess what I'm asking is should I just assume this is the "release" version and start playing it regularly. I know it will be patched from time to time. Or are there key features and bug fixes that you had in mind that are still missing?

For the record, I bought all your games at Matrix at full price, and everything on this site as well. I should really be nagging LNL, not you.

kipanderson

Hi,
If CO isn’t a success on Steam we are less likely to get more CO. Maybe not even The Mother of All Cos.. Eastern Front :).
Added to which Dave’s energy has given us CO over the years anyway so good luck with it regardless of future releases.
All the best,
Kip.

Rosseau

Understood. But Valve customers are going to be a lot less forgiving about these things. I would have two patches lined up before you release there.

BigDuke66

I also don't like that assets are used to bring this game series to steam instead of improving it, but if income is generated over Steam it will surely benefit the development.

But I still fear that if the income will outnumber that of LnL, that this might lead to the developer listening more to the crying that will come over Steam instead of the professional feedback that did come from the hardcore community that followed this series over all these years and over all the Publishers.