Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

col.sanders

Glad to hear it Dave,I know Your ready to roll this out,and a lot of us out here are ready also.I believe many of us just waiting for this release and the Bradley at bay module.I'm still here Dave grateful for Your effort.

JArraya

Happy New Year to all. Sadly, no update before the end of the year. Any news?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Sorry. Autotesting threw up more issues just before Xmas and we've been facing a rather dire situation here since then. Canberra, where I live has been ringed by fires and covered in dreadful thick smoke, fifteen times the normal hazardous level. Being an asthmatic, I've found it hard going. We got some reprieve from the smoke today. I got back to coding and fixed the issue I had just before Xmas. But auto-testing this afternoon says there is still more to it. It's complex code. I'll get there, fires and smoke permitting.

Last edited:

JArraya

Sorry. Autotesting threw up more issues just before Xmas and we've been facing a rather dire situation here since then. Canberra, where I live has been ringed by fires and covered in dreadful thick smoke, fifteen times the normal hazardous level. Being an asthmatic, I've found it hard going. We got some reprieve from the smoke today. I got back to coding and fixed the issue I had just before Xmas. But auto-testing this afternoon says there is still more to it. It's complex code. I'll get there, fires and smoke permitting.

Very sorry about what's happening in Australia with the fires. Stay healthy Dave.

Sigwolf

Just wanted to pass along my best wishes to Dave, and everyone affected by the fires. Command Ops, and your writing, helped me through some tough times. I hope this ordeal is over soon, and as painlessly as possible.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Pretty hairy day her yesterday while I was getting out a new build for the beta testers. I got out the build early afternoon (more on that in a moment). The air quality finally was good enough to open up the windows and let some fresh air in. When my wife came home she alerted me to this huge plume of smoke to the south.
Fire Plume south of Chapman 28 Jan 2020.jpg

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
A fire had broken out in the forest to the south. It was caused by a military helicopter that was assisting firefighters. It's tail light ignited the bush when it came down to land. It spread really quickly. By the evening it was nine clicks from Canberra's southern suburbs. Here's a few more pictures taken from various locations.

Fire #1.jpg Fire #2.jpg Fire #3.jpg Fire #5.jpg Fire #4D.jpg
This last shot is taken with the Canberra hospital in the right foreground looking south west across Cooleman Ridge (the dark ridge in the middle) and onto the more distant Brindabella range that dominates the Namadji National Park. I live in Chapman at the base of Cooleman Ridge. Volunteer fighfighters with the assistance of the military held the beast at bay throughout the night. But the weather forecast is not good. Friday and Saturday are expected to reach 42C with strong winds and low humidity - absolutely the worst conditions for fire fighting. Looks like we're not out of the woods yet.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP Wednesday 29 Jan 2020

Hi all,

I put out a new CO2 Build 5.1.44 to our beta testers yesterday. It's been a long time coming but I'm pretty happy with it. It went through autotesting without asserting and a fair bit of manual testing by me. It will need significantly more manual testing from our beta testers before it goes public. But we're getting there.

There has been so much change to the scheduling and doctrine code, it's not funny. All of it has been designed to facilitate better basing of senior HQs (Brigade and up) and long range arty. The Plan doctrines for Move, Defend and Secure should now try and base senior HQs and long range arty. They will still use the existing code for logistic Bases. This should manifest through the other doctrines that all use Move and Defend. Attack basing though is still as it was - ie HQs will go to the reserve loc. I have not tried to find out what happens yet when ordering a Div HQ to launch an attack.

Basically the planning code will endeavour to determine whether seniorHQ and arty should be based, determine the best loc based on a series of fallback routes, starting with the mission route, if one assigned, then the subject to objective route and finally the supply route. It will try and move to a loc on this route that meets certain criteria, including proximity (ie is it within min/max command/bombard range), friendly control and for arty, safety. If it can't get to its optimum loc it will endeavour to stage along the route. It will also factor in the location of the advance guard along the route and endeavour to stay behind it at the appropriate range.

The changes since beta build 5.1.42 are too big to list here, so I put them into a text file. You can access it here:

What happens Next

The beta testers will test the latest build and report back any issues. Pavlo and I will fix those and if need be issue a new beta build. Once we're happy with the product we'll release a public build. This may take a few more weeks.

Attachments

• Dave's AI Changes up to Build 5.1.44.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 32

panzerpit

Great news! Dave, optimistically assuming that we will get the new build in a few weeks, what are your farther plans, especially regarding the Bradley at Bay DLC?

Seb3brv78

That looks great!! I hope the situation is a little better with the fire South of Canberra.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
FYI, the Emergency Services Agency just announced they are degrading the Orroral fire (just south of Canberra) to Advice level. It's been a stressful time these last few days. As the fire bore down on Canberra they released this new website: https://bushfire.io/?location=12/-35.816699574034836/148.85805130004886/Satellite

Check it out. It's like a military Common Operating Picture or cop. It shows the latest fire data, wind directions, burnt out areas, spots, incidents, warnings along with the location and tracks of the aircraft fighting the fire. I've had it open constantly. You should have seen it when the fire burst north over the last ridge line just before the small village of Tharwa on the city's southern border. About ten aircraft, including the wonderful big tankers from the US and Canada, attacked the fire front in a concerted manner and they stopped it before it got to the village. They did the same an hour later when the wind changed and the fire front burst eastward and cut the north south highway to Cooma. The firies on the ground managed to save two more villages in its path. The fire seemed to run around their containment lines. It must have been desperate inside those pockets. It was 43 degrees Celcius here in my suburb. It must have been at least 50C at the fire front. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for the firefighters. They are heroes.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Great news! Dave, optimistically assuming that we will get the new build in a few weeks, what are your farther plans, especially regarding the Bradley at Bay DLC?
The guys are testing the new build with the Bradley at Bay module. I hope to release it either with the new build or shortly after.