Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Small-scale battles

zaybz

I like small-scale battles (both in terms of forces and map-size). What is the best scenario-pack to download for this? Thanks

john connor

The desert pack - The Cauldron - has around 18 small scenarios, by which I mean under 5 days, with a low to medium unit count (let's say under 300, roughly...). Both HTTR and Valkyries also have a decent number of under 5 day scenarios with low to medium counts, though less then The Cauldron. My favourite pack, however, is Westwall with 9 scenarios in there at 5 days or under, with a medium unit count. But as ever, it depends which theatre interests you most. I'm not as interested in the desert as Europe, personally. Best to get them all, I think.

zaybz

Thanks very much!
So far I've enjoyed the scenarios of around 100 units, but there don't seem to be so many of them. (I should have said: I have Cauldron and Valkyries)...
Westwall is tempting...

zaybz

Thanks for that info.
Sounds like it's worth a purchase for me then.
(I'd love a scenario pack based around Caen / 21st army group following Operation Overlord)...

john connor

You can get some excellent scenarios based around Caen for free on steam. Bie makes them and they are all in the steam workshop. Highly recommended. You have the steam version? It's generally more up to date than the LnL version and in future it will be the only current version. You can get a steam key for free via LnL if you have the LnL version.