Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Solo Sniper

PeterA

I don't have the charts in front of me but I think the order is on the Counteractions chart. And then MirabelleBenou is right regarding placement.

Ty Snouffer

Sniper fire is on the Counteraction map. Correct in that regard.Elsewhere on the forums I believe that Sean suggested that Snipers are considered On-Map for OF so that could be considered when thinking about their reveal and placement.

Starman

Also posted on BGG , the question is where on the map. Is this based on a number of pre selected hexes and you randomly choose or when sniper action on countermeasures do you roll and if x place at Max range in LOS to last activated unit or maybe when a priority target , leader or weapon team.

Ty Snouffer

Also posted on BGG , the question is where on the map. Is this based on a number of pre selected hexes and you randomly choose or when sniper action on countermeasures do you roll and if x place at Max range in LOS to last activated unit or maybe when a priority target , leader or weapon team.

Rule wise none of that is covered. I think you just need to use your judgement for placement. What is possible, what is in range, what provides a modicum of defense for the sniper, etc.