Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Somali Technicals Question

David Gray

I was just watching Black Hawk Down with the Mogadishu veterans commentary for the first time (highly recommended btw) and two of the four commenters stated that while the Somalis had the Technicals, with crew served weapons, they did not use them at all during this period. They speculated that this was because US forces had standing orders to destroy them on sight. A lot of the Day of Heroes scenarios don't have Technicals but one does. People might want to consider tweaking that scenario.

Kevin Sharp

I think a thing to keep in mind is that many scenarios are designed for play balance, vs historical accuracy, just like ASL or any other tactical.
I could of sworn technical were used, when I read the book it referred to them. But I could be wrong. Try playing with and with out and see how that makes or breaks the scenario.

Rydo

I was just watching Black Hawk Down with the Mogadishu veterans commentary for the first time (highly recommended btw) and two of the four commenters stated that while the Somalis had the Technicals, with crew served weapons, they did not use them at all during this period. They speculated that this was because US forces had standing orders to destroy them on sight. A lot of the Day of Heroes scenarios don't have Technicals but one does. People might want to consider tweaking that scenario.
I think that the module was created taking into consideration the real life event along with the film.

In fact in the film appears two technicals, one armed with a machine gun ( present in the game ) and another one with a recoilles rifle ( present in the game too ).

I think the reason was to create variety in scenarios giving the option to the somali player to change approach to a scenario.

BTW the Americans usually are armed with stuff capable of disable the techs pretty easy.

Try without them and tell us if it worked out better, maybe we can create an Alternative variant for that scenario!

Bye!