Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Some Errata for Heroes of the Nam

The Plodder

Received my copy today, very nice. :) Noticed a couple of things while browsing:

On the turn track aid ARVN is spelt AVRN on the casualties box.

In the Battle of Long Tan scenario, the wrong maps are displayed. It shows maps 1 and 2 but should be 4 and 5. they're also in the wrong orientation.

Also, I thought you were including Catecka Tea Plantation back into the scenario mix?

The Plodder

Oh, and the bottom of the box was showing scrape marks, no biggie but I also noticed it in Kev's unboxing video.

Jeff Lewis

No excuses; missed the AVRN (should be ARVN) on the Casualties Box

Again, no excuses, the Long Tan Maps should be 4 & 5 (the text is correct, the picture is not, of 1 & 2). The orientation should be reachable by the text, but it's 5 on the left, 4 on the right, horizontal, #s lower left in each Map, 5Oxx mates with 4Axx; 5xx1-4xx1 is the north edge.

Catecka Tea will be in an upcoming Nam Gamers Guide.

Sorry for the errors.

Feeling great shame,
Jeff

The Plodder

I've found some more, You've got the scenarios in chronological order, which is a nice touch, but you've given the wrong date for Streets of Sorrow. It's supposed to be set in Hue during Tet in 1968 but you've made a typo and set it in 1967 but then placed it with the 1967 scenarios.

Also, as mentioned in this thread, the veteran skill counter has been mislabelled "Thumper".

Ok, grumpy grog time, I bought this title as I wanted to upgrade my 1st editions of FH/AA, but after some great first impressions, I'm starting to feel a tad disappointed as I look through the game. I don't expect perfection, there will always be errata, but it's starting to stack up.There was actually less errata in the 1st edition. Hopefully further printings will be fairly errata free.

Maybe there needs to be more time spent on QA. You could even ask some of us (and sign a NDA) to go through the items with a fresh set of eyes.

Last edited:

coolcorn

Hear hear. The game is fantastic, but with this amount of errata, it's just kind of annoying. The Veteran counter that's missing (that I brought up in my other thread) is used in the FIRST scenario! It's not even something obscure like the Nurse counter (which... why even print it if the scenario it uses doesn't exist? Why not just wait until the scenario is ready if the counters can't be changed?)

Anyway, not trying to flame at all, like I said the game is amazing - LNLT has replaced ASL for me, which is a huge complement. But if you guys need more QA eyes, I'm more than happy to help out.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I do not consider this flaming and we are always asking for feedback, granted not 100% what I wanted to hear but fair complaints. Printing the Nurse counter was all on me. I wanted include the nurse counter in the mix for future use, We didn't include the Nurse scenario because I really didn't want to include more scenarios then was in the first two games and make it available in our expansion or free scenario. Our Q&A is very extensive and after all the errors in the older editions I feel anyone would be hard pressed to argue that point. At the same time we missed more than we would like too. I am very thankful for your support and we will do better going forward.

David

Jeff Lewis

Again, no excuses. I strive for perfection, and any errors are on me (except for the Nurse). We acknowledge the errors. All can be easily circumvented, though.

We made note of the Ontos/Gunship backs being switched in the manual. Downloadable fixes available.

The Veteran counter has the picture correct (different from Thumper) and matching the Veteran picture and counter on the Skills PAC. Ideal? Of course not. Acceptable? No. Serviceable? Yes.

In "Long Tan" the map text is correct not the pictured maps. We've amended for future prints.

AVRN / ARVN. . . . On the casualties box. Amended.

"Streets of Sorrow" had 1968 in the first two editions and I proofed it based on those, not history.

Nurse . . . That one is on Dave.

So, again, no excuses here. However, I think a little perspective is in order for those who are new to the system. Consider that I edited and proofed out hundreds of prior grammar and textual errors in each module, and rewrote whole rules sections for clarity, and answered/added dozens of errata that had persisted for years . . . the system (and all its modules) is in a better place than it was. The last edition of Forgotten Heroes omitted entire rules sections, so when Plodder says he'd prefer that, it's a bit odd to me.

In the end, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the games, and we will keep trying to make them better--and error free.

The Plodder

The last edition of Forgotten Heroes omitted entire rules sections, so when Plodder says he'd prefer that, it's a bit odd to me.

Just to clarify, I've only got the Shrapnel Games 1st Editions of FH/AA. I've never seen the other editions and I didn't say I preferred it, just that it had less errata. The actual rules though, they were a mess. You've done a brilliant job of making the game more accessible and the components are top-notch. Which just makes the errata stick out more..

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Just to clarify, I've only got the Shrapnel Games 1st Editions of FH/AA. I've never seen the other editions and I didn't say I preferred it, just that it had less errata. The actual rules, though, they were a mess. You've done a brilliant job of making the game more accessible and the components are top-notch. Which just makes the errata stick out more.

Just so you know all the editions were missing rules and the last edition was missing counters etc. Now this does not mean our errors don't count but I think a lot of gamers don't realize how many were in the game. At the same time, I know how Jeff is and these type of things are what we were working to correct.

Please except our truly"Sorry we missed this" and we will correct this and double check this area a bit more going forward. I am SURE if you purchase our release you would be VERY impressed.

David

The Plodder

Please except our truly"Sorry we missed this" and we will correct this and double check these area a bit more going forward. I am SURE if you purchase our release you would be VERY impress.
Oh, don't worry, I am very impressed. All the components are really superb. I'm also really looking forward to Heroes of North Africa

The Plodder

Just received the Battle Generator for HotN, very quick service, thanks! Hopefully I'll get the HotP x-maps soon to allow for some more map variation.

I have some errata though, I've noticed that every instance of ARVN in the text and the points cards is misspelt "AVRN".

Lex-Talionis

On the "ORDNANCE WEAPONS, AMMO & TARGETS" player aid, it seems that there's a misprint in the "ORDNANCE (TO-HIT)" section.

"A hit from an even dice-roll (2d6) that is < 2 hits a tank's turret" /!\ it should be " > 2 "