Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Some minor issues

Website
springelkamp.nl
I just downloaded the game engine and started to play.

I want to report some minor issues that I encountered.
Nothing serious, but just not perfect :arghh:

- When the game loaded the question about screen resolution popped up. Instead of accepting the 'current resolution' option, I chose 1920x1080, my default screen size.
In this mode the dialogs to chose a scenario didn't work: they were just black rectangles with white text, without any controls. I had to ctrl-alt-del to the task manager to get out of this mode. Restarting with 'current resolution' solved the issue.

- I chose Return to St Vith. First thing I did when the scenario loaded was open the briefing window. I expected the mouse wheel to scroll the text to see the end of the briefing. However, the briefing window didn't capture the mouse wheel messages, and instead the game map in the background zoomed in and out with the scroll wheel. But I could drag the scroll bar to see the end of the briefing.

The scenario objectives window did capture the mouse wheel (but there was no need for scrolling).
The supply window doesn't have a scroll bar, but should still capture the wheel I tnink, but it doesn't.
The reinforcement window behaves like the briefing window, ie. not correct.

I use Windows 8.1 (64bit).

Grim.Reaper

I am also seeing the issue with the black screens when I choose a specific resolution...if I select match desktop, works fine.

Also confirming that selecting specific 1920x1080 causes display and engine issues.

Wishlist: can the game remember resolution and not prompt each time on startup?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Wishlist: can the game remember resolution and not prompt each time on startup?
Well we could but that would mean you would always be stuck with the current res of your main monitor. I suppose it begs the question does anyone now days want to run their game in a res other than their current one?

publius

Chiming in for posterity to say I too am experiencing these problems. No res other than my 1920x1080 default gives anything but the black boxes, using 1920x1080 causes display issues. I can play through the issues, but the big problem is the force info screen, where things get cut off. I too am using Windows 8.

Beowulf

I also have those black boxes when I select any other option than matching current resolution (even if I select current resolution manually).
Black box1.jpg Black box2.jpg

Beowulf

Well, I can play the game using "Match current screen resolution" option, so that is not a big issue.

I tried to tamper with screen setting, but whether scaling was enabled or disabled the result was the same. Ticking any other option, than aforementioned one results in black boxes.
Also, I noticed, that main menu launches slower, is it possible that after manually selecting resolution the game launches in samoe kind of borderless windowed fullscreen mode, not fullscreen (but it's a wild guess, I don't want to waste your time to pursue bugs in wrong direction)